PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7022 Spots on Copies

Custom Search

listsubscriber
05-16-2009, 04:58 PM
I have a machine that keeps making spots on the copies. The drum has the spots and a toner dusting remaining after each and every copy. Manual rotation of the drum clears all toner and spots off the drum. The drum, blade, and developer are brand new. L detection went fine and came back with 61.

Why are the spots showing up? Any further adjustments needed? And customer is usine eBay purchased 3rd party toner.

Thx.

minimerlin
05-16-2009, 09:06 PM
I would suspect the toner!!

listsubscriber
05-16-2009, 11:10 PM
That was my guess too.

Customers wasn't too happy when we suggested he get a Konica toner to try and see if the spots go away.

I know a 2nd L detection with that new developer is not a good thing to do. If we change the toner to a Katun or Konica toner, will my tech need to make any adjustments in the field to the machine?

Thx for the quick reply.

minimerlin
05-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Sorry for the slow reply!>>>>If you do not change the developer the new toner will take some time to work its way through! You should not do another L detect unless dev is changed.

Did the spotting start straight away after the drum and dev were changed or did they appear after some time/copies made? Did the counters get cleared?

listsubscriber
05-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks again for the reply.

After the developer, drum, and blade change, it took close to 1000 copies before the dots started. The counters were reset to 0 for the drum and I assumed (I know, bad thing to do) the L-Detect reset the developer count properly. I had the tech check the values and both values were around 3,000 copies so I think the develoer count was reset correctly.

So do you think we would be ok requesting the customer buy a bottle of Konica toner and run about 1000 copies to see if it clears up? Any adjustment we can run to maybe clear it up quicker like a Bias change?

Thanks for your help.

langelot
05-19-2009, 12:58 PM
I would first take out the drum assembly and clean out the recycling section thoroughy and check for the condition of your mylars and make sure to reseat the cleaning blade properly. I would also manually clean t al coronas, but the charge corona wire in particular. At cut out square of 3m Scotch Bright between needle nose pliers will do wonders for cleaning those corona wires.

If that does not resolve it, I indeed would reccomend an OEM toner.

Good luck.

tech51
05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Just a thought, did you re set the drum counter in the 36 mode/clear counter as well as the 25 mode parts counter? I have had severe quality issues if this isn`t reset when a new drum is fitted.

listsubscriber
05-19-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the drum counters were reset. I will have the tech check again in both 25 and 36 modes.

We'll clean all the wires again and go through the waste section. The dots are all over the page and all over the drum so I don't know if the recycling unit is the problem. We will clean it nonetheless.

We ordered OEM toner for him and will perform a thorough cleaning again for the machine's insides.

Thanks for the replies.

smiley
05-20-2009, 02:33 AM
hi try to adjust your grid voltage in 36.make it higher its your toner.not soo good.

redime
05-20-2009, 03:20 AM
Sounds like toner, usually takes around 1,000 copies to burn through the L-Detect value and the machine to "recorrect" itself, aka now its going to add the crap toner to the developer.

If you want to do this, unfortunately you will have to vac the toner hopper behind the main board and ALSO repull the drum and blade, and vac the recycling unit out of toner as well. Although this isnt a major deal - you will want to get as much as that old $#*! out as possible!

Not to sound dumb, but is the box around? Ive seen issues even with Katun where someone thinks they are putting the right toner in when infact its the wrong one. If its some super ghetto kmart blue light special, its completely possible that the bottles are filled with the wrong toner!

Katun or Konica only... and even katun can be iffy at times. You get what you pay for. If this is a regular customer without a contract, that they call you for service and no one else. Tell them that if they switch to Konica toner, and you go back and vac out hopper etc. to purge the old stuff (btw the old toner is now in the DV unit... youre going to want to do DV) and the issue comes back in 1000 copies, youll pay the difference on the new bottle of Konica for em.

jprecht
05-20-2009, 05:16 AM
Hello, not usually one to repeat the excellent advice of previous "posters", but you really need to start totally over. completely cleanout the dev,and cleaning units, AND the toner hopper TOO!!! if you don't you will continue to have contamination issues. make sure to reset those counters as previously advised and refer to "copier set up" directions with new dev, toner ect. make sure everybody is clean and then reprogram your dev bias, mainchg grid. tfer , tdc and drum id ect start with the factory defaults run everybody in and then "fine tune" good luck !!! should be a "piece of cake" bear

Custom Search