PDA

View Full Version : C550 life counter resets and when to change?

Custom Search

KonicaNet
05-17-2009, 02:51 AM
I've just read in the C550 service manual that the Color Toner Filter life is reset when you replace the Black Image Unit, the Ozine Filter life is reset when you change the Fuser, and the Transfer Roller life is reset when you change the Transfer belt.

Do these 3 items really reset when it's counterpart item is installed? It says it does this so that customers can change these items at the same time, because the customers do not have access to the CTF, Ozone, or Transfer Roller life reset screens.

Also, does everyone change the CTF when they change the K IU? What about the Transfer Roller (that does not come with the transfer belts)? It has to be ordered seperately.

What happens if the Color Toner Filter is not changed every 150K, but every 300K when the K IU is replaced? I also see that it appears to be using the black click counter for this - what is up with that? Am I wrong or did they just use the K click counter because they needed a counter that would last at least 150K before being reset? I wish I knew the reasoning behind this as it might help explain why it is include with the K IU - LOL!

Will there really be IU charge problems if the Ozone filter is not changed? What if we just vacumm them out? (I know your not suppose to)

On older machines the transfer belts could be wiped down with a dry cloth, and never changed unless there were actual problems. Seem slike they need to be change when the Transfer Belt is changed or all sorts of image quality problems occur on this machine. Do you find this too, or do you simply replaces them with the tbelt?

Thanks!

KonicaNet
05-17-2009, 02:54 AM
I was just informed on another web site that the C550 does NOT tell you to ever change the Transfer Roller. It only tells you when to change the Transfer Belt. I have not started to work on this machine yet, but it seems that I will have to remember these things.

KonicaNet
07-09-2009, 03:08 AM
Wow no replies! LOL anyway, it turns out that the machines will never tell you to change the transfer roller and you will get more and more quality calls unless you remember to change it with the transfer belt.

moonwalker3778
07-09-2009, 06:21 AM
wow the question is urs and answer is urs.......u r amazing.

Custom Search