PDA

View Full Version : Gestetner 3255 Error 542

Custom Search

Viperhawke
12-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi, I just bought a Gestetner 3255 but it gives me a SC542-00 error on first start. This goes away after appearing a few times when first turned on. I just read on this forum that someone had the same issue on a Gestetner 3502. But a clear solution wasn't given. Please let me know how to permanently fix this problem. Also, I could use the service manual to this machine if anyone has it. Through further research I have learned that it is almost identical to the Gestetner 3265, Lanier 5255, Lanier 5265, Ricoh Aficio 550, and the Ricoh Aficio 650. Thank you all in advance and I am glad to have found a community of people who can help me with my new purchase. :)

Thank you again!

appalanichamy
12-26-2006, 03:49 PM
;) Replace the hot roller with light weight (modified part). the roller which is in the m/c will be heavy in weight.

Hi, I just bought a Gestetner 3255 but it gives me a SC542-00 error on first start. This goes away after appearing a few times when first turned on. I just read on this forum that someone had the same issue on a Gestetner 3502. But a clear solution wasn't given. Please let me know how to permanently fix this problem. Also, I could use the service manual to this machine if anyone has it. Through further research I have learned that it is almost identical to the Gestetner 3265, Lanier 5255, Lanier 5265, Ricoh Aficio 550, and the Ricoh Aficio 650. Thank you all in advance and I am glad to have found a community of people who can help me with my new purchase. :)

Thank you again!

Tonerbomb
12-26-2006, 04:17 PM
yeah it might have the wrong roller in it but check the thermistor for good contact on the roller and for excess toner build up on it also.

Viperhawke
12-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the quick responses!

Unfortunately, I have no clue what the parts you guys are talking about are. This is my first machine and I will be learning off of it. Any specific place I could see a diagram or list of parts with what each part does? Again, if anyone has a manual they could send me, please let me know.

Thank you all again!

Custom Search