PDA

View Full Version : jamming in ep4000

Custom Search

smiley
05-20-2009, 04:04 AM
hi guys got these problem in this machine the seperation corona is good it is arcing when copying but the paper always go in sepration claw of the drum.and it always jam.any suggestion please.

brent
05-20-2009, 06:21 AM
the paper sep solenoid must not be retracting. it has been a day or so since i have worked on a 4000. have you watched the solenoid go in and out? that is where I would start for sure

brent

smiley
05-20-2009, 07:37 AM
hi it copy only one after a few copy it jam.where can i find these solinoed?thank you for the reply.:)

brent
05-20-2009, 03:25 PM
If I am not mistaken with the 5320 series you take the drum unit out. remove the drum and you can see the drum sep fingers. those move back and forth so the drum doesnt get scratched. they also move up and down. close to the drum during a copy cycle then retract in a non copy cycle. again to reduce them touching the drum. it is for positive seperation from the drum. the trans/sep corona just don't have enought to pull the copy from the drum. you can see if you follow those fingers that it goes to a solenoid mounted I think on the front part of the dv unit. take a cover off and make sure it is connected. be carefull when putting it back on. because you can easily make it out of adjustment. the solenoid could possibly be dirty, I would clean. very touchy because if you get it wrong on reassembly you will scratch the drum. i will see if I can get a copy in the service book for you to look at.

brent

smiley
05-21-2009, 01:49 AM
ok i see it i will try to cl;ean then i'll let you know if it will solve the problem.thanks:)

Custom Search