PDA

View Full Version : C6500 cant get it "red" enough

Custom Search

excanonguy
05-20-2009, 02:38 PM
A bit of a long shot but here goes! We got this machine with almost 900K on it and know nothing of its past service history,when it prints and copies the reds always appear too orange,heres what I have done on it recently :

200K pm kit
developer assy's X4
developer x4
drums x4
corona assy's x4
d-max sensor assy's x 4

I have cleaned the opyics and calibrated it countless times, nothing appears to have aany effect on it, the other colors appear to be fine....any thoughts, theories,or suggestions welcomed!!

Specilist KVN
05-21-2009, 05:08 PM
A bit of a long shot but here goes! We got this machine with almost 900K on it and know nothing of its past service history,when it prints and copies the reds always appear too orange,heres what I have done on it recently :

200K pm kit
developer assy's X4
developer x4
drums x4
corona assy's x4
d-max sensor assy's x 4

I have cleaned the opyics and calibrated it countless times, nothing appears to have aany effect on it, the other colors appear to be fine....any thoughts, theories,or suggestions welcomed!!

This is an older known/resolved issue with this model.
It is hardware related, if I remember correctly a "board" needs to be replaced in the MFP.
It is NOT a RIP/File issue.

Si@danwood
05-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Doe's the gamma sensor assy have an "M" stamped on it?If it doesn't then replace the assy as a whole and it should help correct the issue(Sensor assy is located on the upper left side of the process cavity when the process carriage is pulled out).However the c6500 Reds aren't that brilliant and the official (UK at least) line is that it is a"limitation" of the engine.....Si

(modified part no = A03UR79800)

also try this link
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/19504-c6500-red-color-problume.html?highlight=6500+red

excanonguy
05-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks Si, I found the other link after I posted the question...thought I had a unique problem, guess I should have done a search first eh lol!! I was at the clients today for one of the other machines and confirmed the reg/gamma assy is the old 1st series one, so I have ordered the new one and should have it next week...I am pretty confident this will solve the issue and will add to this post after I change the assy, thanks!

Steve

Custom Search