PDA

View Full Version : C203/253/353 Seperation of Machine

Custom Search

D Colour
05-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Is there a (easy) way to seperate the machine to make it lighter and a lot simpler to get up stairs? You can remove the 2nd tray on the older C250, but it doesn't look like it can be done on this model.

Thanks

James

mitchl
05-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Is there a (easy) way to seperate the machine to make it lighter and a lot simpler to get up stairs? You can remove the 2nd tray on the older C250, but it doesn't look like it can be done on this model.

Thanks

James just went and looked at a C203 I have grazing in the show room and without taking off panels it does appear that splitting the machine in half may be a major ordeal.......... My suggestion is to eat some Wheaties or take the IU's and toner out, lock the optics and put that bad boy on a refrigerator hand truck and drag it up the steps, let some air out of the tires to cushion any shocks and you should be good to go. They do sell what are called stair climbers but they are expensive for the amount of use you might get out of one, I've been moving these things for almost 30 years or my people have and the giant hand truck has always been the easy way out. You can also lighten the load by removing the fuser, paper out of the drawers, remove the feeder, etc.

Si@danwood
05-21-2009, 06:00 PM
No easy way of seperating the trays,however when faced with a difficult install recently ,where it was impossible to use a stair walker,and only of two us to carry a machine up two flights of very narrow stairs,i simply "gutted the machine". I removed all the i.us, toner carts,fuser unit, transfer belt unit,both paper trays and the adf.We also "collapsed the lcd screen into its shipping positon, it was amazing how light the remaining unit was and it "flew" up with hardly much effort! Mind you if feel the weight of adf it must be a quarter of the total weight itself Good luck ...Si

Golfnut27
05-21-2009, 08:50 PM
We also strip the machine down by removing every assembly possible. Carry the frame up stairs and rebuild the machine. It takes a little extra time, but it sure does save on a strained back or someone getting hurt.

pepper38_cnd
05-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Hire a moving and delivery company, their employees risk injury, their insurance pays for damages to both the equipment and property, and your Tech's stay healthy. The best $250 you'll ever spend! Yes I know it may not be practical in every instance, but when there are stairs involved, it's the best way to go!
This equipment gets heavier with every day I get older.

Custom Search