PDA

View Full Version : C-2840 on C6500

Custom Search

seniortech
05-20-2009, 06:16 PM
I have a C6500 that I am due to look at next week that is coming up with a constant code C-2840 - Gamma correction abnormality (PCC Sensor correction failure during Maximum Control). Both Sensor Assy and PRCB have been replaced with no effect.

Has anyone seen this code before, any ideas what may be causing this? Have never seen this code before.

Many Thanks

Splitcane
07-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I have one too. We have tried replacing all boards, without any effect.

We are still searching for a solution.

/Splitcane

edmund
07-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Have a look at the transfer belt .We had cuople of cases were the belt was running scew on the unit

Splitcane
07-02-2009, 03:06 PM
We have tried to replace the entire transferbelt unit, color reg unit, all boards. now we have ordert the harness betveen printer control board and color reg unit.

/Thomas

Cantechman
07-02-2009, 06:47 PM
have you tried this...

C-2840 (C2840)at startup.

Solution

CAUSE: The PGC sensor is malfunctioning.
SOLUTION: Recall Standard Data to Factory Init from the Process Adj screen in Service mode.

harry2007
07-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Pull out the transfer belt unit and remove it.On the machine in upper-left side,near tranfer belt -inserted- is situated a long sensor board assy. remove this board and clean all sersors.
Also this code appear if you reseted drum or developer counter but you don't realy change it.
And STOP to change the PWBs !

seniortech
07-03-2009, 09:27 PM
We have tried to replace the entire transferbelt unit, color reg unit, all boards. now we have ordert the harness betveen printer control board and color reg unit.

/Thomas

I replaced this harness and it cured the fault, turned out to be bad contacts within the connector that the color reg unit plugs into.

jma676
07-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Try this adj. (Printer Gamma Sensor Adjustment) Set Default With Data Reset.

Splitcane
03-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Our machine had a low serialnumber. We replaced all 4 printerheads to the new type. Problem solved.

JAkelar
05-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Pull out the transfer belt unit and remove it.On the machine in upper-left side,near tranfer belt -inserted- is situated a long sensor board assy. remove this board and clean all sersors.
Also this code appear if you reseted drum or developer counter but you don't realy change it.
And STOP to change the PWBs !

Harry, on our machine they switched out the PCRB and did a rest that reset all the counters.. but we didnt change them
How do we fix this is we have a reset drum and developer counter?
changing the drums and developer?

Custom Search