PDA

View Full Version : C500 gritty magenta prints

Custom Search

tech51
05-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Hello all, I`m having a big problem with a c500 that sometimes pulls magenta dev onto the print. It feels gritty and rubs off when you rub it with your finger. There is no dev spill inside the machine. I was there today,reset the quality as per the konica guide and ran 750 prints with no problem, half an hour later the customer called to say the fault had re appeared.I`m assuming the machine had stabilized after I left and something changed. The dev is on 60 K the dev unit about 450k. I`m going to change the dev unit/drum/dev and potential sensor but does anyone have any ideas what could cause this.

fishleg
05-21-2009, 07:28 AM
We had this on a c450 believe it or not ICP had blown on the drive board I cant remember which but it was on one of the corners has 2 icp's side by side like so...

. . |
. . |
. . |
|
[] |
[] | <<<< That icp
0 | <<<< bottom right corner on underside of board 2.3A
--------------|

If i was you id get on this pritty sharpish though we had one that went unnoticed for a while and it ruined about 4 drums in a row.

Good luck.

JSC
05-21-2009, 07:59 AM
I have had problems with the drum potential sensors on those machines causing droping dev. Normaly you should change all 4 sensors and devs.

Good luck.

random
05-21-2009, 08:36 AM
This isn't going to be much comfort to you but I have lots of machines that do this and it's always seems to be magenta. Usually in a low volume enviroment. I would change all drum potential sensors if money isn't a factor. I did a full PM on a machine and it turned around and did this after about 20 prints.

tech51
05-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks for your help folks, I will be changing the parts next week and will report back.

mrwho
05-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Potential sensor(s) in the affected color(s) also worked for me when I got that. You could probably save the developer if the customer didn't print many copies like that. Otherwise, it will be depleted!

Custom Search