PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 600 NVRAM Reset

Custom Search

mitchl
05-21-2009, 04:26 PM
I have this bastard child BH600 that has been sold wholesale 2 times and always comes back with its tail between its legs. We finally figured out what 2 other companies couldn't ( wrong NVRAM probably from a 7165 or similar:confused:) and the machine is a beast now except that we have the NVRAM from a 2 mil plus BH600 on it and the machine only has 230k plus so selling it with the electronic that high is going to be a problem. Does anyone have the procedure for accomplishing this? We have tried the 7155/7165 procedure to no avail so I really don't want the extra expense of having to A. buy a new NVRAM board or B. having to send it to Hitech to have it done. We plan on selling the machine into our customer base so those who want to pounce for rolling back (we don't do that and never have) the meter understand that the hard counter will not be tampered with. I can explain a zero electronic counter but don't really have a leg to stand on with the huge discrepancy between the two meters the way it sits.......... On the older models there was a soft-switch that would allow you to shut off or limit access to the electronic counter, by chance does anyone know if you can do that on the BH600 as I suppose that would satisfy the situation also........ Thanks in advance for any and all help and if you have this info and don't want unleash on the world just PM me, thanks!

pepper38_cnd
05-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Have you checked the SSD there is a post there referring to missing duplex features and the solution is to reset the NVRAM/Parameter board to its initial state. I don't know if that will do what you want it to or not but it is there check it out, if you can't find it I can send it to you.

mitchl
05-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks Pep I'll check it out!.................. I found it, wonder what it does as far as reset goes?....... Nothing ventured nothing gained:eek:, I'll let you know what happens.

Custom Search