PDA

View Full Version : c550 cannot connect to web control panel

Custom Search

tallguyy808
05-21-2009, 07:33 PM
I cannot connect to the control panel via the web interface. This machine also has a fiery attached. I can get into the fiery control panel and ping the ip ending in 21.144. If i ping the engine ip 21.145 it gives me the 144 ip and says destination host unreachable. What am i missing? I was told our firewall is in no way blocking it.
We have an identical printer in another office here and it works just fine. I need to get into the control panel to try and figure out why the scan buttons are not working. Something is wrong.
Also ill mention that the printer that is working correctly...i copied all of the settings. the only difference is that appletalk is turned on the one that is not working properly. It prints/faxes etc it just doesnt scan to the folder we need and i cannot connect to the control panel via web.
Any ideas?

btg
05-22-2009, 07:03 AM
I'm pretty sure that you need another network cable going into the primary ethernet port of the C550 to gain web interface control. You probably only have the one Ethernet cable going into the fiery device.

KonicaNet
07-09-2009, 02:34 AM
The C550 family use a different fiery\copier network connection method. You are thinknig of the earlier copiers when the 2 devices became one.

The C550 family can be setup 1 of 2 ways. The old way and the new way.

The old way is most likely how you have it setup - with 1 network cable going into the Fiery. You have to give the copier the next IP address, even on DHCP or it just doesn't work correctly. You also have to make sure you have the copier and fiery set correctly for this method. Using this method you can access the copiers web interface using the fiery's IP +.001 or print out the copiers control page (from the copier not fiery) and see what the fiery and copier engine IP's are set to. I have never had this method work correctly. Sometimes the web page will work on a computer, but then stop, sometimes wont work at all on another computer.

Anyway, the best way is to set the fiery and copier on their own network cables and use a SWITCH (not a hub) if you only have 1 NIC drop. This way the copier and the fiery work independantly just as if they were 2 seperate devices. You get the best of both worlds this way!!!

KonicaNet
07-09-2009, 02:43 AM
I believe you LOOSE the copier's appletalk with the fiery, and will have to use the Fiery for scanning and the fiery's appletalk when setup with 1 network cable.

it also sounds like you do not have the 2 devices configured for this type of connection. The copier has to be set to get an IP address or static and the fiery has to be set to allow this.

If you think everything is configured correctly, run the fiery setup again while it is plugged into the network.

*I would use 2 cables and both devices as in my previous reply.

The ping is not replying because the .144 is the fiery and the .145 is SUPPOSE to be the copier, but sounds like your not configured correctly.
It appears that youhave the fiery set to assign the copier an IP address. It is different if you are using static IP's for both or DHCP for both devices. When DHCP is enabled the fiery will request a 2nd IP address from the DHCP server and hold it for the copier to grab. It is best to have the fiery on for a few minutes BEFORE turning the main copier switch on if using DHCP. Someone posted to make sure the fiery is on a full 5 minutes before the copier when using DHCP. I usually wait 2 minutes.

If you print the copier's config page (I forget where it is) but it tells in the fiery installation manual the exact instructions. this page will tell you the engine IP and method of configuration.

So, basically, you should revert back to the fiery installation manual to fix the problem(s).

Custom Search