PDA

View Full Version : IU Reset Problems / C352

Custom Search

907tec
05-22-2009, 01:57 AM
We recently purchased our own chip resetting devices for imaging units, and are having some problems determining whether there is a problem with the resetter, the machine, or the imaging unit. I am currently working on a Bizhub C352 that needs all the colors reset. We are out of color imaging units and trying to keep the customer up and running while new stock arrives.

Now, admittedly, the yellow imaging unit is not in the best of shape. Some excess toner is scattered around the top side and beneath the imaging unit on the frame. That being said...I can't get the machine to recognize a reset chip. I am fairly certain that it is being reset correctly, because each of the other chips reset just fine using the same procedure. However, when I attempted to reset the yellow chip (repeatedly), I am getting a "please install imaging unit correctly" message indicating the yellow IU.

At first I thought the problem was that the IU wasn't being recognized as being installed at all. I tried flashing another chip as a magenta IU, which seems to have reset the machine to believing that the yellow IU is in fact a magenta IU...forever. Any rewritten yellow chip that I install seems to show up as Magenta: if the yellow IU is inserted with ANY chip, it will register as "incorrect imaging unit installed" while indicating the magenta IU.

So basically...I cant tell whether the IU is the root of the problem, as I dont have any other yellow IU's to swap it with yet. I cant tell if the .bin file is the problem, as i dont have any other files to check it against. And of course there isnt another one of these same models within 1000 miles of us, so I cant test the imaging unit in another machine.

Any resetters out there seen a similar issue? Anything else I can check? Or...if anybody is feeling especially helpful...does someone have a yellow c352 .bin file they would share with me?

thanks in advance.

dogsbody
05-22-2009, 12:23 PM
I saw this just yesterday when rebuilding image units for our C250's and C352's. The c250's worked great as did the others for the C352 except yellow. Fortunatly for us we had a new unit on the shelf which I read and saved. Using this file it worked perfectly.
The please insert image unit message comes up when the machine dosen't recognise the chip, unfortunatly it is now friday night and I wont be back at work untill monday. The good news however the IU is probably OK, you may have to set it to Not Stop untill you can get a new one or someone can send you the file.
Cheers

pepper38_cnd
05-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Check your PM's I set up an account for you and gave you a user name and password. The file you want to use is C300yelow_CND.bin this is a working file.

907tec
05-22-2009, 07:17 PM
thanks pepper, the file on your site worked perfectly. customer back up and running before the weekend, everyone happy. really appreciate the quick responses.

mschampion
12-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I have the exact same issue with the Yellow Image Unit for the c352 - If you still frequent this forum might you send me a link for that same "C300yelow_CND.bin" file? Much appreciated,
Mike

Custom Search