PDA

View Full Version : HP 9850 mfp AKA Bizhub 500

Custom Search

Berny
05-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I have Color registration problem with a HP9850 (F45-20)

Is there a way to adjust the 2 registration sensors (PS8-PS9), the HP manual as usual give no information on this point

EarthKmTech
05-24-2009, 04:10 AM
I have Color registration problem with a HP9850 (F45-20)

Is there a way to adjust the 2 registration sensors (PS8-PS9), the HP manual as usual give no information on this point

The B500 is a black and white machine, very similar in design to the old KM7145 machines. Are you sure your HP is the equivilent to this model ?

Berny
05-24-2009, 02:53 PM
i m sure it s a color machine :)

according katun equivalence model its say colorforce 8050 ....:confused:

when i ordered some parts at a konica dealer he says bizhub C500 or 550 ...now i m totally messed :p

My Pmkit are 65GE-PM10 / PM20

mrwho
05-26-2009, 11:33 AM
By googling your model, the machine is very much alike a Konica 8050 or C500 (a C500 is a slight refinement of the 8050).

It's the only machine I know that has two separate PM kits (for 100k and 200k copies).

The registration sensors can get dirty with toner. You can rise the metal shutters by hand and clean them with a slightly wet cloth, drying them after that with a dry cloth.

The registration errors can also be caused by a lack of tension on the transfer belt.

Other possible causes:

CAUSE: The shutter that covers the registration sensors PS8 or PS9 is not opening.
SOLUTION: Clean the mechanism and ensure that the shutter functions correctly.

CAUSE: A color registration failure.
SOLUTION:Replace the transfer belt and transfer rollers. Perform the color correction calibration of the sensors PS8 and PS9.
Notes:
To calibrate the sensors, perform the following:
1. Disable Color Registration Correction Control in the 25 mode, software dip switch 25, bits 3 to 1 (ON) and bit 4 to 0 (OFF).
2. Run the [Auto Color Registration Adjustment] in the 36 mode.
3. Try Running the Manual Registration Adjustment.
4. Remember to enable Color Registration Correction Control after the adjustment.
If the problem persists, there could be a dirty or failed color registration sensor (PS8 or PS9). Check their operation in the 47 service mode. Replace the failed sensor, if necessary.

(Of course, you should try to calibrate the sensors before changing the parts to see if you have any success).

mrwho
05-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Forgot to mention: Sometimes the transfer belt "walks" to one side, giving you registration errors and getting your copies/prints dirty. Check if you have that problem.

Berny
05-26-2009, 11:24 PM
That's what i love with HP .... insuffisent information

from my HP 9850 manual :
F45-20 Color registration correction results in abnormality. Cause : Printer control board (PRCB) / Color registration sensor /F (PS8) / Color registration sensor /R (PS9)
thats all ..... :(

And for dipswitch 25 have some info for bit 3 & 4 ...no info for the others ... CRYINGGGGG

Thx for the info ill gonne check the tension of the transfert belt ( its a new one )

mrwho
05-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Keep us posted - I'm curious to how that turns out.

Custom Search