PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Cf3102 Poor colour

Custom Search

monkpress
05-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Hi all. This is my first posting on this forum. I own a Minolta CF3102 that I use for my own publications. I bought the printer second hand and have used it intermittently for about a year now and it has been very good. I kept getting streaks down the centre of the paper and decided to clean the transfer belt. Unfortunately it jammed as I was removing it and broke off one of the plastic guides on the transfer belt and bent one of the spring clips inside. Managed to get it together and vacuum out the broken bits. All appeared to work ok but Cyan and Black are now not dense and Black is blotchy.
Tried cleaning leds etc. but still bad. Have error codes P6 and P9 and 31C-M.
I have looked on the forum and can only think that AIDC sensors might be damaged.

Any help would be appreciated before I call an engineer.

JSC
05-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Save your self time & money...........Call an engineer now!

fixthecopier
05-25-2009, 09:03 PM
If you have tried to clean the LED's, about the only other things an end user could do would be to change the image units or to change the transfer belt. You can guess or pay a tech[engineer]. Good luck!

monkpress
05-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks for your replies. What I find strange and cannot understand, is that it was printing perfectly just before I took the transfer belt out.

The Cyan imaging unit is brand-new.

I printed off the AutoCal Measurment Page ok but the printer keeps saying that it is either not on the scanner or the page is misaligned.

Can you tell me what the P6, P9 and 31C-M error codes refer to so that when the engineer arrives I know what he (she) tells me is correct?

Thanks.

mrwho
05-26-2009, 12:14 PM
If you broke something in the transfer belt, I'd wager that's the cause of all your troubles.

I'd guess the only solution is to buy yourself a new transfer belt unit (a bit expensive, but I guess the money you saved by not calling a technician in the first place will cover for that... no?) and with luck that will be it.

copytechman
05-26-2009, 12:22 PM
I'd be inclined to agree with Mrwho, if it was working b4 removal and not after re-installation then I'd guess theres more broken than what appears to be. Likely a belt unit for starts and hopefully thats it!

Regards!
A.

JSC
05-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Can you tell me what the P6, P9 .

P6 = Cyan IU failure
P9 = Black IU failure.

Or the assy under the transfer belt assy has been knocked/damaged, and now the sensors can not read the belt...........

alonzo
05-27-2009, 09:34 PM
have you tried running gradatoin under admin mode? Go to utility/admin mode. After running gradation make sure to run stabilize mode.

monkpress
05-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks to you all for your help and suggestions.

I will order a new belt, but I'm worried regarding the 'springs' inside the slot for the belt assembly on the 'back wall' inside the printer above the tubing that takes the waste toner away. The springs mate up with the fingers (they have metal strips on them) on the belt assembly. Two (out of the four) of these springs got bent when taking the belt assy out.

Are they just springs or do they take a static charge away from the belt assy or do they complete some electrical circuit?

In other words, are these bent springs a serious problem?

Thanks.

mrwho
05-27-2009, 11:15 PM
In other words, are these bent springs a serious problem?

They could, though I' not sure of what springs you're talking about. Care to share a few pictures with us?

Morlock49
06-02-2009, 03:05 AM
the bent springs might be the contacts that complete the circuit for the transfer rollers in the transfer belt unit, thats probably why you have poor prints.

get a tech out and let him do the job properly before it gets really expensive for you.

dqydj
06-19-2009, 06:52 PM
I've gotta wonder if he opened the left and right doors before
removing the transfer belt or just the left door.
If just the left that would explain the breaking up of the
belt unit since the right door locks the belt in place.
Seems exspensive but in most cases you'll come
better in the long run calling a proffesional.

monkpress
06-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Yes I think the damage was done by me not totaly opening the left door. I thought I had but it jammed and in trying to pull it out did the damage.
Just dont understand why it has affected the colour. But i'm resigned to get in expert in to sort it. I'll post a reply when its done and what the out come is.

Custom Search