PDA

View Full Version : ricoh AP3800c

Custom Search

toshiba
12-28-2006, 10:00 AM
hi buddies,
how the color registration pbm can be solved in ricoh color printer AP3800c. aLL PCUs and transfer belt is new.:(

Tonerbomb
12-28-2006, 07:03 PM
hi buddies,
how the color registration pbm can be solved in ricoh color printer AP3800c. aLL PCUs and transfer belt is new.:(
you have auto and manual color registration in the user tools maintenance menu as well as fuser reg. If the auto reg dosn't help try forced line position in service mode 5. These units don't hold the best registration. They do ok for buisness color but don't look for high end pic's n graphics or print 4 pay to be satisfied.

toshiba
01-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Dear Mr.Tonerbomb,

Thanks for your reply.

I already tried these methods and nothing has worked out. When I carried out manual line posotion adjustments, its getting reset in next color caliberation. and we can't disable color caliberation b'cos it affects print quality in long run.

you have auto and manual color registration in the user tools maintenance menu as well as fuser reg. If the auto reg dosn't help try forced line position in service mode 5. These units don't hold the best registration. They do ok for buisness color but don't look for high end pic's n graphics or print 4 pay to be satisfied.

Hallmark
01-01-2007, 06:24 PM
hi buddies,

I would ask did you replace the transfer belt only, or the transfer belt assembly? If you only replaced the transfer belt (or perhaps the assembly as well) then you might want to check the drive belt on the unit for wear or looseness.

Tonerbomb
01-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Ricoh did issue an updated transfer belt assy for this unit. Also there is an alignment procedure for the drive gears on the rear of the t-belt assy and the drive gear in the machine. Make sure that your not fighting a registration roller problem or a fuser drive problem.For the really fine tuning you need a good loop and then you print the 1dot grid patterns and adjust from these, and you may have to adjust the developer motor speeds. Good Luck !

suckis
01-15-2007, 01:54 AM
After replacing the transfer unit:
• Perform forced line position adjustment (SP5-993-002 or ‘Maintenance menu –
Color Registration - Auto Adjust’ in User Program mode),
• Print the 1-dot grid pattern on A3/11"x17" paper and check the color shift level.

toshiba
01-20-2007, 07:28 AM
After replacing the transfer unit:
• Perform forced line position adjustment (SP5-993-002 or ‘Maintenance menu –
Color Registration - Auto Adjust’ in User Program mode),
• Print the 1-dot grid pattern on A3/11"x17" paper and check the color shift level.

hi, thanx and
i tried manual color registration adjustment in the maintenance menu and the pbm got solved but it has repeated after the next auto color caliberation done by the machine. I'll check the color shift level by 1-dot grid pattern and will get back to you. Any other parameters to be checked for this pbm?

Custom Search