PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Belts running off KoMi 5500/6500 Oce 6xx

Custom Search

Setright
05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Dear friends :)

I have seen 7 seven machines, some new, and some with newly fitted transfer belts run them off the rollers within around 20 thousand prints.

Needless to say, this crunches the belt up and returns a C4520 (Colour registration error)....and is causing "dissappoint" at customer sites.

Anyone else experience this, or are we doing something specifically wrong here in Denmark.

dogsbody
05-28-2009, 10:22 AM
if you have access to the konica site search for TAD id number TAUS0702861EN06. Has lots for c4520 and walking transfer belt.
In my experience though it is most often the tension plate not positioned correctly.

Cheers.

Setright
05-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks for a quick reply :D

We do know about the tension plate, but this doesn't seem to be the linking cause between these machines.

I would like to say though, the design of the tension system is surprisingly "wobbly" and doesn't offer much in terms of position control for the belt.

dogsbody
05-28-2009, 10:59 AM
You can try this adjustment. I don't like doing it unless I absolutly have to though.

Cheers.

mrwho
05-28-2009, 12:34 PM
I've had success on a couple of cases where I had that problem by replacing the two white plastic "bushings" (for a lack of a better name) on the lower tension roller.

Cantechman
05-29-2009, 11:56 PM
I ran into this but it happened after only a few hundred copies. In my case the belt that got crunched was very difficult to put on in the first place, almost like it was to small. I imagine it was too tight while turning causing it to bust. The replacement went on easily and works much better.

random
05-30-2009, 05:50 AM
Do what dogsbody suggests. More than likely you will have to replace the belt because it has streched. So if you do the adjutment and it still walks, replace the belt.

Custom Search