PDA

View Full Version : Minolta to Xerox

Custom Search

Rudi
05-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi guys
i am considiring leaving minolta after 16 years to go and work for xerox , i have only worked on minolta machines all these years and would like to hear your opinnions on these two brands if you worked on both.

Electrictoner
05-29-2009, 12:55 AM
What kind of Xerox ??/
high volume or Color or those
BW machines with the CRU's

I used to work on high Volume Xerox jobs for that got less and less. What you need to consider is the Laptop issue most machine need PWS software to properly service and Xerox doesn't sell it last I checked. Most things you can do without it, but there always that time. If you working for Big X themselves then there is no issue But are you going to be able to go to an independent in a few years and make even more money?? Can't bring laptop with you yes there are laptops out there for about 1000 bucks but you always have the threat of Big X lawyers closing you down ,injunction, suit, etc. It for this reason I don't deal with there boxes anymore. Canon Konica Sharp and others dont care who works on there boxes they want to sell parts and boxes
OK off my soap box now.
Billy

fixthecopier
05-29-2009, 11:49 AM
I have never worked on xerox, just Konica Minolta. However, every place I have found a Xerox box in my area, I have had no trouble putting my box in its place. I have talked to a lot of people who used to work for Xerox, and based on that I would tell you to talk to Xerox techs that work in your area. including people who used to be customers and techs. The "used to be techs" will be the best source of info.

Rudi
05-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys
I always feel better after listenning to other peoples opinions , the range will be small and mid to high volume and color. Fixthecopier i know what you are saying but there arent really any of the old xerox boys in my area thats why i rather consult you guys, the guys i did speak to had a problem with their work more than the product , i personally think young people these days are not really interested in this job after getting to know what it is all about.

Custom Search