PDA

View Full Version : di200f c0070

Custom Search

rockinjon
05-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Just before putting in the new imaging unit a coworker took a vacume to our copier. To make sure all the bad toner was completely out of the machine. Now though I get a c0070 when the users try to print jobs larger than 13 pages its like the toner cant keep up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fixthecopier
05-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Remove the toner bottle rotate motor and inspect the small white plastic pin that is on the shaft. If the bottle has been twisted the pin cracks and the metal shaft that is in it gets in a bind while trying to turn. While the bottle is out, manually rotate the rotating cup to make sure it is not in a bind. I had this as a call today. It is very common on the 200/251/351 series if the bottle has ever been twisted or "unscrewed".

rockinjon
06-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I opened everything up didnt see any damage to the plastic sleeves around the toner bottle motor. what i did notice is without the bottle it seems to rotates ok, but with the bottle it gets stuck

time2fly
06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Check the toner door sometimes the hinge pins get damaged or the hinge itself. Also make sure that the collar that rotates the toner bottle is not out of alignment, with these machines you can still install a toner bottle and it may rotate but then it will stop because the sensor is not seeing any toner and/or it just finally jams up.

rockinjon
06-02-2009, 05:30 PM
its not the door hinge because I was testing with that whole panel off. However, I will double check that alignment. It seemed ok but at this point anythings worth a shot with management breathing down my neck.

time2fly
06-02-2009, 05:37 PM
If that doesn't work then replacing the toner rotation motor is the next step

brent
06-02-2009, 06:38 PM
I have not worked on these in a while thank gosh. it seems to me that there was an updated bracket that those toner add gears fit into. even thought I think the gears may be sheared off a bit and you can't see them. the new bracket made it so the gears did not stress. or did not move. I don't have a part number but that is probably what is going on. also you mentioned that you vaccumed out the bad toner? do you have a correct bottle in place? and more details. are you sure the code was reset and then it is going right back into this same code? you also mentioned that the back covers were off while you were watching the machine. are all sensors jigged so you can see it trying to work? sorry so many questions but your description was a little vague in some areas.
just trying to help you fix this problem

brent

rockinjon
06-02-2009, 07:13 PM
The bottle in there is a new bottle of oem toner. the back cover was off and I was printing. The machine will print up to 13 copies without an error anything more I get a c0070 error.

time2fly
06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
C0070
Step Check Result Action
1 Main Hopper Toner Replenishing Motor operation
check:
• Remove the Lower Rear Cover.
• Unlock the Toner Bottle Lock Lever.
• Block the Toner Bottle Cover Sensor.
• Turn the Toner Bottle a half turn by hand.
The Toner Bottle turns when the Toner Bottle
Cover Sensor is unblocked under the above
conditions.
YES Check step 3.
2 Main Hopper Toner Replenishing Motor operation
check: the voltage across CN43-2 on the
side of Master Board and GND changes from
DC0 V to DC24 V when step 1 is performed.
YES Change Main Hopper
Toner Replenishing Motor.
NO Change Master Board.
3 Toner Bottle Home Position Sensor operation
check through I/O check
YES Change Master Board.
NO Change Toner Bottle
Home Position Sensor.

time2fly
06-02-2009, 07:47 PM
C0070 Main Hopper Toner
Replenishing Motor malfunction
• The Toner Bottle Home Position Sensor remains
blocked (L) for a continuous 2-sec. period or more
while the Main Hopper Toner Replenishing Motor
remains energized.
• The Toner Bottle Home Position Sensor remains
unblocked (H) for a continuous 6-sec. period or
more while the Main Hopper Toner Replenishing
Motor remains energized.

rockinjon
06-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Thank you I will check all of that and get back with you.

fixthecopier
06-02-2009, 10:21 PM
I would take the bottle rotate unit apart. The part that grtips the nub on the bottle can get broke and jam it up. This could explain why it does not work with a bottle. Also if the small white pin at the end of the motor is cracked, it will turn without the bottle.

Custom Search