PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C450 and ScanTrip

Custom Search

flynmonkey
06-01-2009, 07:23 AM
I have a client with a new BizHub C450 and they want to use ScanTrip with it. It does not work It keeps saying it can't find the box. I set the box and the address book entry from the web interface. I am able to scan to the box and retrieve the scan from the web interface. I am unable to get scantrip to work.

Has anyone been able to get Scantrip to work on a c450?
(Konica's website says it is supported. Products | Scantrip Product Page (http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/content/products/models/scantrip.html?info=Product%20Compatibility)
Is there a setting on the copier that I need to enable to allow Scantrip to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mitchl
06-01-2009, 08:44 PM
I have a client with a new BizHub C450 and they want to use ScanTrip with it. It does not work It keeps saying it can't find the box. I set the box and the address book entry from the web interface. I am able to scan to the box and retrieve the scan from the web interface. I am unable to get scantrip to work.

Has anyone been able to get Scantrip to work on a c450?
(Konica's website says it is supported. Products | Scantrip Product Page (http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/content/products/models/scantrip.html?info=Product%20Compatibility)
Is there a setting on the copier that I need to enable to allow Scantrip to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Scantrip 2.1.1 and 2.2.1 is supported..... By the way WTF is a Scantrip?......... The info is out of the knowledge base but they gave no setup help at all. Let me check a couple other sections of the site.

pepper38_cnd
06-01-2009, 10:26 PM
You have to be using the new Licensed version and if I remember correctly box 0000 is not supported, and you have to set your Machine Model in the ScanTrip set up.

There is a PageScope Box Utility that works almost the same as ScanTrip you might try that.

fishleg
06-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Easy way to get the latest version of scantrip ? I have the really old version but can I just update this to the latest some how or do you have the buy the latest version from Product Catalog (http://www.sec.konicabt.com/version2/catalog.html) ?

pepper38_cnd
06-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Yes you have to buy the latest they offer no upgrades, but for $20 bucks what do you expect, and yes this is single use, if you have more than 1 workstation expect to pay more although I believe they have a server version for the wealthy.

copytechman
06-02-2009, 01:15 AM
If thats a no go, scan direct, which also access legacy konica boxes (7145 etc) is free believe it or not and does much the same kind of thing as scantrip does or it sure looks like it does to me. Setup a box, scan to it and scan direct will poll the box and download files automatically from it to a folder on your hdd that you specify, did i mention that it's free?

Regards!
A.

pepper38_cnd
06-02-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm not sure what Scan Direct has to do with Box Utility? But you are absolutely correct. Scan Direct is exactly the same as Scan Trip with the exception it allows for the management of multiple boxes at the same time.

flynmonkey
06-02-2009, 06:18 AM
I will try to find Scan Direct and download it has anyone used it on a Bizhub C450? If so what version?

Thanks.

copytechman
06-02-2009, 12:23 PM
The only version that I have seen is 3.381, I haven't specifically tried it on that model (the c450), but if pagescope box operator doesn't work with that machine then more likely scan direct will.. Good luck!

Regards!
A.

DocuSystems
06-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Have you tried to talk the customer into just using Scan to SMB? No additional software needed. Scan it, and it's placed directly on your PC using good 'ole windows file sharing.

Custom Search