PDA

View Full Version : Problem with cyan on a CF2002/3102

Custom Search

Serhat
06-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi guys,

This is my first post here, so apologies if this has been answered before. I haven't been able to find a precisely similar problem for this model in other threads.

I have a second hand CF2002/3102 that is working fine except for Cyan: the density isn't uniform, but rather a gradient: near the bottom half of the page, it's good, but the upper half is pale. Output for other colors is very well.

When I got the machine, the Cyan toner was nearly empty, so I bought a toner. This hasn't changed the output. The Imaging Unit reports to be relatively new. I have tried cleaning the LED array, but to no avail.

Does anyone have ideas on what I can do to fix this?

mrwho
06-02-2009, 05:41 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is that you could have your cyan imaging unit depleted.

Have you tried to manually add toner through the service mode's Toner Supply operation? It could be just a matter of adding toner. If not, you could be missing some cyan developer.

Did your machine used to output cyan with a sandpaper-like feeling to the touch? Try to stick a magnetized screwdrive in the waste toner bottle to see if any developer comes out. If it does, you might have a clue right there.

kanini
06-05-2009, 11:07 AM
You could also try to set the toner density setting for cyan up a few steps in service mode (did it go from -3 to +3, default 0?) and then run the Toner Supply as mrwho said, and run a gradiation adj. or run some sky shots of that particular colour, and then put it back to default setting.

Custom Search