PDA

View Full Version : MINOLTA DIATA Di250 LASER COPIER

Custom Search

thessyola7
06-04-2009, 01:40 PM
This machine just could not work with the computer, but i did enable it to receive data as a printer. I do not have the printer controller operator's manual. Could any expert out there point me to area i missed out. Thanks

Thessy

mrwho
06-04-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't personally know that model, but if that machine is anything like the Konica Minolta bizhub 250, it will not print without the necessary controller installed.

Do you have all the necessary optionals for printing installed?

time2fly
06-04-2009, 05:01 PM
I think you need to get with you local Minolta dealer. My advise is to get a different copier that machine is old and a great boat anchor.

deep
06-04-2009, 07:10 PM
In order to have print function, a printer controller Pi3500 must be installed.

DUKEY
06-04-2009, 11:18 PM
yes you need a small chip that enables the nic card to work, goes on the back of the print control bd very costly

thessyola7
06-05-2009, 03:41 AM
I don't personally know that model, but if that machine is anything like the Konica Minolta bizhub 250, it will not print without the necessary controller installed.

Do you have all the necessary optionals for printing installed?
Thanks for the quick response. What are optionals? The printer's driver pi3500 was downloaded. Where do I get the necessary controller, and what is name of this controller? I would appreciate more enlightenment from you. Thanks once more.

Thessy.

thessyola7
06-05-2009, 03:43 AM
Thanks. I will do that.

TheOwl
06-05-2009, 03:44 AM
There are two parts to the Pi3500. The controller it self and then the optional NIC. As standard, the device will enable PCL printing via parallel (can't remember if it is the funny parallel connector or the standard bi-centronics).

The port for this is on the controller it self which is screwed to the back of the machine. There was then another port which had to be plugged from the controller back into the machine which carried the data from the controller to the copier.

This other port used for transferring the data to the copier cannot be used as a port to print with.

Other than that, the machine you are talking about is really old and we as dealers are starting to find it hard to get parts for them.

thessyola7
06-05-2009, 03:44 AM
Thanks. How do I get this printer controller Pi3500?

thessyola7
06-05-2009, 03:50 AM
Thanks. What is name of this chip that enables the nic card to work?

TheOwl
06-05-2009, 04:03 AM
There is no chip to enable the NIC on this model. The NIC when the machines were new, was separate to the print controller.

The only way that you would probably be able to get one of these print controllers is through a second hand dealer.

If you manage to get one with a NIC, then make sure you get some form of return policy as the NIC's in these machines had a high failure rate.

thessyola7
06-05-2009, 04:08 AM
There is no chip to enable the NIC on this model. The NIC when the machines were new, was separate to the print controller.

The only way that you would probably be able to get one of these print controllers is through a second hand dealer.

If you manage to get one with a NIC, then make sure you get some form of return policy as the NIC's in these machines had a high failure rate.
Thanks so much. I am going to try get one.

jprecht
06-05-2009, 05:16 AM
Are you an end user??? anyway, this box is ending its support cycle and is a $$$pit . is time to UPGRADE!!!

thessyola7
06-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Are you an end user??? anyway, this box is ending its support cycle and is a $$ . is time to UPGRADE!!!
End user and Junior member. Can you help with the printer controller Pi3500. Thanks

Thessy

thessyola7
06-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Are you an end user??? anyway, this box is ending its support cycle and is a $$ . is time to UPGRADE!!!
End user and Junior member. Can you help with the printer controller Pi3500. Thanks

Thessy

DUKEY
06-06-2009, 03:51 AM
its the pi3500 option and you can buy it from a konicaminolta dealer or try ebay or search the web..

TheOwl
06-08-2009, 11:56 PM

jprecht is right on the money here with the last sentence. These machines are getting too old and the chances of finding a Pi3500 are pretty slim.

The company I work for is a Konica Minolta dealer and we can even get parts for the controller anymore. It won't be long and the Pi3502e will be in the same boat as well.

thessyola7
06-09-2009, 04:45 AM
I can understand all you are saying about the scarcity of Pi3500, but I am still trying to get one. I have two of these machines, one can serve as a copier while the other will go through the computer as a printer. How do I get one? Thanks for the information provided.

Thessy:)

TheOwl
06-09-2009, 05:09 AM
The only way will be able to get one of these is through a dealer that is wrecking a machine with one on it.

Maybe even put up a new post on copiertechnet under the 'For Sale, Trade, or Wanted' section.

TheOwl
06-09-2009, 05:13 AM
Here is a machine with one on it that I found by using a simple google search.

Minolta DiALTA Di350 Laser Copier Printer (http://neworleans.craigslist.org/sys/1186791890.html)

Custom Search