PDA

View Full Version : Minolta DI200f + PI3502, Printer Setup

Custom Search

Abi Melaibt
06-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Hi,

I just purchased a PI3502 with the network card for my Minolta DI200f Fax/Copier to enable it for printing.

I could ping the IP of the PI3502, but it doesn’t print, and I could also not bring up the settings page in my browser thru the IP address.

Help is appreciated.

Abi

TheOwl
06-05-2009, 03:58 AM
When you setup the 'Standard TCT/IP' printer port use the following settings.

If using RAW: Set RAW port number to 10001

If using LPR: Set LPR Queue name to PORT1 (case sensitive)

That should get you printing. As far as the web interface is concerned, try using Firefix rather than IE and see if that makes the difference.

Abi Melaibt
06-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks TheOwl,

I tried both, but neither of them worked.

Which driver do I need to use, the Minolta PI3500 or the Minolta Di351/251/200 PCL6?

mascan42
06-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Probably an obvious question, but have you tried printing through the parallel port, to see if it's just a problem with the network card?

Abi Melaibt
06-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I don't have a cable to fit that parallel port.

Is there any other way to check if there is any communication between the Fax/Copier and the printer controller?

darkmaster
06-07-2009, 04:39 PM
May be you should check your machine IP address, subnet mask, default gateway in admin mode? Make sure your subnet mask and default gateway is same with your client PC. I always setup the printer driver follow by this step because easy to setup.

After check it, maybe you can use PING command in Command prompt to testing the respone of machine (If you are using Windows 2000/XP or above), like your machine IP address is 192.168.1.110 just enter Ping 192.168.1.110 in Command prompt for testing respone.

Abi Melaibt
06-07-2009, 04:50 PM
As I mentioned above, I could ping the printer controller's IP address and the response was normal.

How do I access the Admin mode?
I pressed the Utility button and selected Admin Management on the touch-screen window, but I couldn't find any settings that would relate to IP Address, Subnet Mask or Default Gateway in there.

TheOwl
06-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Do you have the optional scan and PS kit installed in your machine? If you don't, then you should use the PCL driver.

Pi3500 is for the Di250/350 machines.

Pi3502e is for the Di200/251/351 machines.

Another you can try to check your ports is to print out a NIC config page. On the bottom of the page there is "Base Port" which has a number following it. This is your RAW port number.

Once you are certain of the port number, you can try and Telnet in to the device to try a basic print.

Start - Run - cmd - OK

Then type the following:

telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx pppp

Where the x's are, use your IP address of the copier and where the p's are, enter in your port number.

This should bring up a blank screen with a flashing cursor. Type something in here (it won't appear on the screen) then hit enter a couple of times and then close the CMD Prompt by just clicking on the 'X' button.

This will send a basic print job to the machine (containing the text that you typed) and will tell you if it is a driver issue, or a machine issue.

ni311
06-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Try using he HP Laserjet III driver, from what I am remembering this driver worked when anything else failed.

Abi Melaibt
06-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Do you have the optional scan and PS kit installed in your machine? If you don't, then you should use the PCL driver.

Pi3500 is for the Di250/350 machines.

Pi3502e is for the Di200/251/351 machines.
I don't have the scan kit installed.
And I used the PCL driver.

I tried the driver from here: http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileid=2547&productid=342, and in the printer properties it shows that "Minolta Di351/251/200 PCL6" is the selected driver. Anyhow, that didn't work.

Another you can try to check your ports is to print out a NIC config page. On the bottom of the page there is "Base Port" which has a number following it. This is your RAW port number.

Once you are certain of the port number, you can try and Telnet in to the device to try a basic print.

Start - Run - cmd - OK

Then type the following:

telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx pppp

Where the x's are, use your IP address of the copier and where the p's are, enter in your port number.

This should bring up a blank screen with a flashing cursor. Type something in here (it won't appear on the screen) then hit enter a couple of times and then close the CMD Prompt by just clicking on the 'X' button.

This will send a basic print job to the machine (containing the text that you typed) and will tell you if it is a driver issue, or a machine issue.
I could not get to access any reports from the machine other than fax settings and RX history reports.

I tried the telnet though with PORT1 and with 10001. PORT1 failed right away, and 10001 took like 5-10 secs to fail.

Try using he HP Laserjet III driver, from what I am remembering this driver worked when anything else failed.
Didn't work either.

fireater
09-29-2009, 03:26 PM
im not trained on these .... is it possible you need firmware upgrade to make the print controller work?

Hansoon
09-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Is the controller connected with the machine using the dedicated cable? If not it can be pinged but the web interface will not show and of course printing is not possible.

Also a corrupted controller firmware can cause this as well as a controller with Postscript firmware but without the additional 128mB Memory in the controller.

Hans

Bsmith
05-28-2010, 08:51 PM
I need this card, please help me to get one

Thanks,

BSmith

Custom Search