PDA

View Full Version : Di5510: Grainy line through copies...

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
06-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Hey all, I am losing my mind over a Di5510 I am trying to repair. Each copy has a faint line in the direction of copy. I have already replaced the drum, cleaned the optics and even done a full dev change on the machine, yet I am still getting this faint line! There doesnt seem to be anything else I can do?

there are lines on the fuser roller, yet I'm pretty sure the mark is on the copy before it reaches it.

help me please...

Luther
06-04-2009, 04:50 PM
The easiest thing to do is to stop the copy before it gets to the fixing unit and see if the line is on the copy,cheat the front door and watch the paper and turn off the machine just before it reaches the fixing unit, i would think it is the fuser roller, hope this helps

brent
06-05-2009, 12:40 AM
make a copy off the glass. put it aside. then make a copy from the doc feeder. my guess is that there is some toner/ink/white out on slit glass
classic problem. you will know if you make a copy off the glass...

fixthecopier
06-05-2009, 11:43 AM
I have had that faint line be a piece of crap on the mirror. Also trace the paper path. A toner dump could have resulted in toner collecting in the paper path or building up on a separator.

brent
06-05-2009, 01:37 PM
I have had a small piece of paper on a mirror as well. but that is very rare that itwill do that. I am still betting on the slit glass

brent

OutlawTorn
06-05-2009, 02:28 PM
I did an internal print from the machine so its definately nothing to do with the optical section of the machine.

also, what do you mean by 'the mirror'? please elaborate!

minimerlin
06-05-2009, 09:16 PM
What about a hair shorting to the drum from the grid? Are the lines always in the same position?

fixthecopier
06-05-2009, 09:47 PM
If it is not optic related, I would look at the grid also. You said you changed the drum, I think we are all assuming the new blade went with it. The cleaning roller under the blade could also cause an issue.

langelot
06-06-2009, 12:22 AM
You say the line is grainy - to the touch or to the eye?

If its to the touch, likelyhood is you are spewing developer - could your developer unit be leaking - if so you really need a new one - rebuilding the old one will not likely last long - trust me i've tried a few times.

Symptom - developer piled up near the drive gears of the dev. unit. If it is attracted to your magnetic screwdriver - its developer, not just toner.

If this is not the case, of course, check for a scratch on the drum if you have one, it might be either the drum separation claws not moving properly (solenoid full of toner not moving the claws) or even possibly the transfer/separation metal guide plate rubbing up against the drum. The screw on that are painted with locktight wich often comes loose allowing the plate to ride up and scratch the drum (usually on either end, sometimes in the middle) and looks very grainy/speckeled - look for a shiny spot on the trans./sep. guide plate where it has been "polished" by rubbing up against the drum - you might hav to look at it at an angle with good light to notice it.

If this is the case, do not just replace the drum, since without replacing the trans./sep unit, the problem will only reoccur again and you will be out of a new drum.

Finally, if this is none of the above - you could have ionized crap buildup on your charge wire, usually the line/band will not show evenly from lead to trail. In any case, take off the charge grid, cut yourself a small square of Scotch Bright pad that will fit between your needle nose pliers, and clean the charge corona wire - the grid being clean is not critical to copy quality as the wire itself.

Let us know if any of this helps.

Custom Search