PDA

View Full Version : How to setup scan to email setting in DI450?

Custom Search

darkmaster
06-05-2009, 06:04 PM
How to setup scan to email setting in DI450?
Now i log in pagescope light as admin mode, then what should i enter in my SMTP Server Address at SMTP configuration, because i can't enter my SMTP domain name in my SMTP Server Address it just accept IP address.

How to i enter my yahoo SMTP domain name & port Number in SMTP Server Address becuase yahoo SMTP domain name is smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25), all right? is i misunderstoond about SMTP Server address in this configuration?

After that, what are the mean for FTP Proxy Server Address and Remote Port Number of Proxy in FTP Proxy Configuration? i should i enter if my SMTP domain name is smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25)?

Is possible?

SMTP Server Address is mean my router IP address and should i check my SMTP function in my router?

buster68
06-05-2009, 07:36 PM
The embedded controller on the Di450 (Pi5501) could only take the IP address of you email server for SMTP. You have to have a local email server for that unit.

If you wanted to use an outside domain, you would need the Fiery controller that was an option with that unit (Pi5500).

You can set up FTP using a local FTP server or client service, but you are limited to five destinations.

darkmaster
06-07-2009, 04:24 PM
What are the user friendly local SMTP server and the FTP server you will recommend for user? Thank you.

You mean we can use either local SMTP server or FTP server to execute the scan to email? Thank you!

TheOwl
06-09-2009, 05:40 AM
What buster means is that unless you have the external print controller (Pi5500), you won't be able to use yahoo mail.

If you have a mail server locally on the network (ie. exchange server, domino server) then you will be able to use the internal controller (Pi5501) to scan to email.

Scanning through FTP is completely different as it is a form of scan to file. Basically you are scanning to a shared folder on your network.

If you want to scan via FTP, have a search around these forums as there are posts on how to set this up.

Custom Search