PDA

View Full Version : Panafax UF890 codes 026 + 045

Custom Search

axyun
06-11-2009, 02:48 AM
"change battery" message code =026. Changed battery(2032) and message still there. Also "no cartridge" message #045 though there is a cartridge in machine. I was looking for a cartridge sensor or actuator but no luck yet. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

The Destroyer
06-11-2009, 06:01 AM
:)i seen this message on this model before you just change the battery and program the date and time unless you bent those silver metal connector on the board the panel breaks open easy use a small flat screw driver split the top cover from the bottom black cover with the white scale if you look good you will see were the screw driver goes .it snaps together. i belive you bent the pins just bend them back and install battery.
no cartrige is the black in color soon as you open the door pull out the toner cartrige look for a black 1/2 inch circle on the black plate thats the tds sensor i seen a tech use this vacume to clean this customers maching inside these maching his vacume wasn`t grounded cause the same error no cartrige i help him change the toner sensor i`ll send you a picture how to remove the sensor maybe its unpluged

axyun
06-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks Destroyer, You were right about the battery contacts. I reformed them and reinserted battery and it is okay. As far as the toner cartridge message is concerned I was using a UG-3313 cartridge instead of a UG-5520. When I did a google search "UF-890 cartridge" the first thing I saw was apexink showing ug-3313 as the corrrect cartridge. I just discovered that was wrong although the cartridge pretty much fit in just right and it looks like a UF-770 cartridge holding area . Must be a specific thing on cartridge that is different
I just saw on the bottom of the cartridge there is a slight well about 1/8" deep which sits directly above sensor. The sensors on each machine are 1/4" apart and the wells on catridge correspond to each. So I guess if I dig a well 1/4" away from ug-3313 well the Uf-890 will accomodate it though I don't think I'll try just yet. Thanks again. Frank

Custom Search