PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub PRO C6500 horizontal lines in print / drodas78

Custom Search

Abi Melaibt
06-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Hi. I have the horizontal lines that the red arrows show in the attachment. I changed the four drum units because I thought that it was the drum units but I didn't get any better result. What do you think that is causing this? The problem I have is that I need import any spare part to my country because there's no distributor to buy locally. So I need some advice because I need to buy it and then wait for a while to get it. I want to order the spare parts that I most probably need. Or maybe it can be some adjustment issue? I can give 19,000 dpi resolution of a section of the print if some one thinks it would help to determine possible causes. I sent the image in mid size because it won't upload in higher resolution.

Thank you.

KyoceraChris
06-11-2009, 01:40 PM
have you tried cleaning the optical mirrors?

mrwho
06-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry, I can't find the attachment. Where can I check it?

drodas78
06-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Hi. Here's the attachment if you need a better quality file please let me know. I appreciate very much your help.

drodas78
06-12-2009, 12:23 AM
have you tried cleaning the optical mirrors?
I haven't tried anything yet. Can you explain me more about the optical mirrors cleaning procedure? Did you saw the attachment? I'm only doing prints from computer, I don't photocopying

mrwho
06-12-2009, 08:21 AM
That seems to me like you have the underside of of your magenta developing unit dirty. I usually instruct my customers to pull out the unit holding the developing units and belt (can't remember the name) and blow (with their mouths) under each of the developing units to clear the laser paths. You can also take out the developing units and clean them yourself.

dogsbody
06-12-2009, 02:21 PM
When I see something like that I print test page 1 at 128 density for each colour. You will then probably find something obstructing the laser path for that colour (under the dev tank) as MRWHO said.
Cheers.

Herrmann
06-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Maybe, this is helpful for you:

drodas78
06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Maybe, this is helpful for you:

Can you please upload the image as a jpg zipped with better resolution? I'm gonna try this but I want to be sure of doing the things right.

Thank you.

Herrmann
06-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Check your inbox ;)

drodas78
06-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Check your inbox ;)

Tnx. I will give a try and let you know. Very useful info!

StormyKnight
06-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Yes from your samples it seems to be the toner has dropped into the laser path after collecting on top of the dev units.....quite common unfortunately....

Has anyone worked out a way to reduce the toner being sprayed up on the top of the dev tanks so much? It really is a huge amount of toner...

mrwho
06-15-2009, 12:26 AM
The way I see it, that's something unavoidable, since the top of the developing units is part of the suction system. The only remedy I see is to clean the machine periodically.

StormyKnight
06-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Yes thanks, I guess the key is to keep the filters clean to allow as much airflow as possible....do you guys reduce the number of filters in the big filter box? I think we take out at least 3....since those 3 never get toner in them even after a full PM cycle....but even with those missing, we still get the toner drop/laser blocked issue from time to time....

mrwho
06-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Never tried it - and I don't service those machines anymore, at least for now - but I guess you could only get rid of one of the two white filters safely - since you need at least one for holding out the toner and the metal one for the ozone.

Whether that would solve anything or not, I can't imagine.

drodas78
06-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi. Thank you to all the people who post. I have done what dogsbody said, the magenta and cyan was with trouble. Then I have done what suggested mrwho and herrmann and every thing is working fine. The printings looks great. Thank you very much for all your help. This forum is great!

drodas78
06-25-2009, 01:28 AM
Yes thanks, I guess the key is to keep the filters clean to allow as much airflow as possible....do you guys reduce the number of filters in the big filter box? I think we take out at least 3....since those 3 never get toner in them even after a full PM cycle....but even with those missing, we still get the toner drop/laser blocked issue from time to time....

A friend tech, aspire the filters with a compressor every time he check a machine. Do you think this to be a good idea to allow airflow? Or can this be bad for the machine?

mecanico
06-25-2009, 09:45 PM
We have few customers, but this effect is present only where they cut the paper themselves. If the customer buy a packed paper there is not problem.

The fact the customer cut their paper because is cheaper and they use offset paper only. No laser paper.

Solution: give an air spray bottle (photografy aerosol) to the customer and to explain how use it!

Thanks.:):):)

Custom Search