PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 200 fax question

Custom Search

brent
06-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I have a machine with a fax unit. and also the optional multi line kit ml 502. customer called and it won't fax out but it did recieve. so I took the fax board out and put in the other fax board from the multi like kit ( the same board just piggybacked) and now it faxes fine. but the fax does make the transmit sound and the sound is very loud. is there a way to make the dial tone muted? the customer did say that they never heard the dial tone when making a single fax but they did hear the tone in a dual fax send out. any way to get rid of that noise? or do I need to just replace the other fax board. oh. and I did set that dip switch from a 0 to a 1 when I installed the multi line kit. mabee it needs to be switched back if only using one line. thanks for listening

brent

pepper38_cnd
06-11-2009, 11:14 PM
You can adjust the volumes in user setting and accessibility.

brent
06-15-2009, 10:51 PM
You can adjust the volumes in user setting and accessibility.
so I went into accesabiility and yes you can adjust setting and volumes. but no dice on what I was looking for. when I fax out I can hear the phone number being dialed. and it is very loud. I did not find any where to make that dial tone muted. any suggestions? thanks

brent

pepper38_cnd
06-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Did you set the desired volumes in User Settings?

brent
06-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Did you set the desired volumes in User Settings?
what I found in accessability was key sound tones and sound setting. and then in the user management section in utility mode I found conformation beep, job complete beep. and alarm volume. unless I missed something I can not make the actual tone when you fax out go away. driving my customer nuts. don't know if I need to change back a dip switch used to enable the use of that multi line kit. or not. anyways I appreciate your help. just cant make that dial tone go away.

brent

mitchl
06-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Push screwdriver through speaker?:eek: I wonder if one the difference's in the 2 fax boards is being able to adjust things like hook dial volume?

brent
06-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Push screwdriver through speaker?:eek: I wonder if one the difference's in the 2 fax boards is being able to adjust things like hook dial volume?
in earlier machines it came with the speaker that you installed. I know you could just cut wires or remove speaker. these fax boards are increadable. we know that the fax board costs 632.52 my customer about shit... but the multi line kit comes with that board and a couple other items. so I was just going to replace the multi line board with another board and hope that would work. at this point the customer is not going to do anything and that is why I have not got the volume deal figured out and they are going crazy... only from the mind of minolta

brent

pepper38_cnd
06-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Heres what is says in the manual.

brent
06-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Heres what is says in the manual.
my shop machine does not have a fax unit. so mabee that Is why I cannot find this. I am going to head out to the customers office to see if it is there. come to think about it I have seen that before. but not on this machine. thanks pepper and all

brent

brent
06-18-2009, 02:44 AM
I got it. it was there on the screen only with the machine with the fax unit.

thanks pepper and all

brent

Custom Search