PDA

View Full Version : di 2010 "add toner"

Custom Search

euro scott
06-12-2009, 04:05 PM
after installing new toner machine is still displaying "add toner". have tried repowering machine with no change in symptom. copy quality looks great. could it still be a developer issue? thanx

ni311
06-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Is the toner hopper working? Can you find out if the toner bottle is actually turning? Is it making any weird noise?
I believe the bottle was forced in and the toner hopper is broken.

brent
06-12-2009, 09:02 PM
my bet is also the toner add system in the back. haven't had to do one for 4 months. I am sure it will be my turn soon..

brent

fixthecopier
06-12-2009, 09:40 PM
If the bottle was put in wrong it will bend the shaft that rotates the bottle. Pull the covers off the toner bottle and gear pack and watch it run. Sometimes the gear that drives the auger to feed toner to the IU is not engaged.

euro scott
06-12-2009, 09:42 PM
determined that it's something in the gearing but to get the finisher out looks to a sob, what's the best way to pull this section from the machine, i see you mentioned from the rear but when we looked at it from the front looked better, pulled it into the shop and took a loaner so we bought a little time.

TheOwl
06-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Make 100% sure that the right toner has been put into the machine. The wrong toner bottle will cause similar issues to what everyone else is talking about ie. bent shafts and broken gears in the toner hopper.

To get the finisher out, you will find a little black square behind the front door of the finisher near the bottom. Press this and the whole finisher will then slide out.

fixthecopier
06-15-2009, 11:30 AM
If you can not find the black square, just pull real hard on the finisher trying to slide it forward, and the hook will let go.

euro scott
06-15-2009, 02:10 PM
i have not been able to locate the black square, and pulling foward had not yielded any better result. does anyone have the manual availible?

mo0651
06-15-2009, 02:29 PM
The manual would have you disassemble the finisher. Open front door. Locate caution tag inside cover. Below that is the slot where the door actuator goes through to tell if door is closed. get down on hands and knees and look below that. You will see a screw for the cover and a square hole next to it. Insert screw drive in that hole as you pull forward on finisher. whole finisher will slide out.:cool::cool:

euro scott
06-15-2009, 02:36 PM
got it now:cool: thanx

euro scott
06-15-2009, 02:49 PM
looks like severe damage to the toner bottle drive

euro scott
06-15-2009, 03:27 PM
can someone help me with part numbers? i need the main frame with the shaft and the white gear with the spring on it. thanx

eg101
06-15-2009, 04:38 PM
It comes as an assembly now - updated, P N 4030-0788-00.

brent
06-15-2009, 07:01 PM
It comes as an assembly now - updated, P N 4030-0788-00.
just replace that assembly. don't order the case and gears. because it is one tough deal to replace all those gears and parts. and then you want it to work right after you spent 2 hours on it right? just replace the assembly...

brent

fixthecopier
06-15-2009, 11:46 PM
brent is correct. If you have never done one, it can be a bitch. It will only cost $30 or $40 more for the assembly.

Cantechman
06-16-2009, 12:06 AM
They are not that hard to replace. I have done it a few times now. You do have to remove the back cover too to remove I believe 2 screws and 1 connector. Also as others have said replace the unit. It is a stronger unit than the old one which should prevent it from happening again.

brent
06-16-2009, 04:25 AM
I remember the first time that I had to replace this unit. I was in a customers office. and realized that you had to take the machine almost completely apart. I was pissed. and yes with a finisher on it makes it more difficult. although you can sneak the finisher out and put it up but it is tricky to stabilize. and then if the finisher falls over. you may be in trouble. anyways to those of us who have done this. think back to the first time. thinking (how the hell amd I going to get this back together??? anyways just take your time and remember to plug the back commector back in before you put the back cover and upper rear cover on. first time sucks. by the fifth time it will be a breeze

brent

eg101
06-17-2009, 09:36 PM
[ and yes with a finisher on it makes it more difficult. although you can sneak the finisher out and put it up but it is tricky to stabilize. and then if the finisher falls over. you may be in trouble.

brent[/QUOTE]
It's a little extra work, but I take the rack off the finisher before I remove it from the machine.

Custom Search