PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SCX 6345

Custom Search

pontiac
06-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Just wondering what you samsung dealers think about the way the software is updated on the SCX 6345. Has it been a hassle or easy to do. Thanks

copytechman
06-12-2009, 09:36 PM
In a general way. Super easy to to via usb in particular.

Regards.
A.

pacman
06-15-2009, 05:11 PM
You mean the Firmware?

Firmware updating is super easy.

pontiac
06-16-2009, 02:57 AM
Very cool, Thanks alot guys.

Airgoz
08-03-2009, 01:45 PM
It has been easy to upgrade firmware over the network from the browser. It takes a little more effort from USB good luck.

Just wondering what you samsung dealers think about the way the software is updated on the SCX 6345. Has it been a hassle or easy to do. Thanks

pacman
08-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Really? I find the USB very easy. The main thing is, keep your flash drives 1gb or under and don't clutter them with other things. I finf that works the best. I tried my 4GB flash to do it and it just didn't work very well.

blackcat4866
08-04-2009, 01:14 AM
I see a lot of the tabletop printers & MFPs, and I have had 100% success with network, 75% success with USB. I've never had one crash while upgrading, and the web interface or USB utility are very easy to use.

Like any other firmware, never interrupt the machine until it re-boots. Most print a firmware completed page.

pacman
08-04-2009, 01:19 AM
I see a lot of the tabletop printers & MFPs, and I have had 100% success with network, 75% success with USB. I've never had one crash while upgrading, and the web interface or USB utility are very easy to use.

Like any other firmware, never interrupt the machine until it re-boots. Most print a firmware completed page.

I've never seen a 6345, 6555, or 8380 print out a firmware sheet. I've always had to go back into the machine options to see if it took or not.

Apparently there is an 8.9 firmware right now, but I don't think the engineers have released it yet.

just a tech
09-15-2009, 05:25 AM
I used the browser to upgrade firmware for a long time but have gotten accustomed to using the USB interface. Now, I find it easier thru USB than browser. Not sure about everyone one else here, but mine won't upload unless my firmware file and my USB app. are both on my desktop. Not a biggie though, just gotta get used to pasting a copy of the firmware ya wanting to download to your desktop so a can drag and drop. Also, on another note... Whereas the scx-6345 is concerned, if you are currently running firware version 62 or lower, you have to download the "boot-rom patch" firmware before you can upgrade the firmware to the newer versions. Anything version 63 or higher, ya don't have to perform the boot patch. I have been told that failure to do so can and will screw up your main pwb.

fireater
09-28-2009, 06:53 PM
if only their firmware was tested and wrking before they released it lol

Custom Search