PDA

View Full Version : Di-3510, splash screen freezes with NC-4

Custom Search

Hansoon
06-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Di-3510, splash screen freezes with NC-4

Di-3510 with Pi-3502e controller SU-2 scanunit and NC-4 interface.

History:
Got this account from another company. Have no experience with these Minolta series. Machine was working well except that the machine wasn't responding to the usual tech code 00000000. Perhaps someone entered an different unknown code so I performed a BRAM clear by crossing the middle and right jumper on the CF-Card board. From this moment the machine works only when the NC-4 interface is left out of the machine. As soon as the NC-4 is installed the splash screen freezes up and the machine doesn't continue to boot. Without NC-4 all functions well. Tried another NC-4 with the same results. What happened? Does it need a special set up now or did I shot something?

Hans

TheOwl
06-14-2009, 11:58 PM
The administrator code is changed by going into 'Tech Rep Mode' and reset from there.

Try putting the latest firmware on the machine and see if that helps. If not, then I reckon something has given up the ghost.

mitchl
06-16-2009, 08:52 PM
The last time I had this problem it was a bad ROM PWB......... In the future if you need to change the admin PW do a warm restart and hold the 3 key that will get you to Trouble reset, touch trouble reset and then do the stop 00, stop 01 its the back way in to tech rep mode, then you can change the admin code to what ever!

mitchl
06-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Thought of another thing I have seen in the shop....... make sure the ROM board seats properly and there isn't a bent pin on one of the 2 boards.

Jack Reacher
07-08-2009, 02:17 AM
Hi guys, wondering if anyone has had this scenario...

Di-3510 replace drum and dev, reset drum and F8 no worries but the start button was flashing green. Oh well must have to turn off at main switch and back on - sounds fair. Next thing it freezes at the splash screen and Nothing will stop that until the NC-4 is removed. OK - sounds like a dodgy NC-4 or hdd. Replaced the NC-4 and hdd with known good one and all is good - except that it won't ping. Ok try another one - and another one and still no pings and the funny thing is the mac address never changes. Also changed the mfb3 pwb and still no joy or mac address change. Of course firmware cf card changed at begining also. So after all this I have a machine that doesn't print and a cranky customer. Any ideas? I might try a BRAM clear for the first time?

Hansoon
07-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Hi guys, wondering if anyone has had this scenario...

Any ideas? I might try a BRAM clear for the first time?

That's where my problems started........

Wasn't able to solve this issue and have both machines replaced by BH350's :mad:. Original machines will be used as copier only now. :o

Hans

Custom Search