PDA

View Full Version : konica 7020 black line

Custom Search

copierlady
06-13-2009, 02:54 PM
HEY GUYS,
WORKING ON A KONICA 7020 THAT HAS A BLACK LINE ABOUT 1/4 INCH THICK ACROSS THE TRAIL END OF THE BACK SIDE OF THE COPIES. NOT REAL CONSISTANT IN DARKNESS BUT ALWAYS THERE NO MATTER WHAT SIZE OR DIRECTION THE PAPER IS. ONE TIME IT SHOWED UP ON THE LEAD EDGE TOO (11X17). CLEANED THE MACHINE COMPLEATLY ( OR SO I THINK) NO CHANGE, CHECKED OIL WEB,SEEMS TO BE GOOD TO GO. WHAT AM I MISSING HERE. IT HAS BEEN ONE OF THOSE WEEKS WHEN I FEEL LIKE I DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT COPIERS ITS KINDA LIKE RAISING KIDS SOMEDAYS ITS A PIECE OF CAKE AND SOMEDAYS IT SEEMS IMPOSSABLE!!:p

BR549
06-14-2009, 11:51 PM
I Know you said it's always there but, are you only making single copies or have you tried multiple copies? Is it only on first copy out? If so you may need to upgrade image control firmware to level 32 CIDO. Check out this solution from Konica.:cool:

Description

Thick line from front-to-rear 1/4 inch thick and 4 inches long, appearing on first copy out.

Solution

CAUSE: The PCL (Pre Charge Lamp) is coming ON while the machine is at idle, causing a slight charge on the drum.
SOLUTION: Install level 32-CIDO image control firmware which will stabilize the drum potential by making a conditioning rotation before copying the first
page.
Note: This solution does not apply to the bypass tray.

Custom Search