PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera FS-3830N

Custom Search

DocuSystems
01-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Hello, working on a Kyocera FS-3830N. Paper jam will occur intermittently after running 10-90 copies. Always jams with two sheets in, one just coming into the paper-full detector, one about an inch 1/2 past the transfer roller (under the drum.) I've swapped the paper tray, and the paper transfer with another printer, no luck. I've tried changing the exit sensor, and the registration sensor. All the rollers have been cleaned. The paper is never folded or torn, so it seems a sensor would be the culprit. Anyone seen this?

01-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Hello, working on a Kyocera FS-3830N. Paper jam will occur intermittently...

Look in the service manual for information on the "Event Log". It is in there but no one ever looks at it and it is the best tool for this type of problem. You can get an event log out of the machine that will tell you when and what caused the machineto stop. it will tell you spicifically which sensor made the machine stop (which isn't always the one the paper is sitting at). Look it up in the book, it is a great tool for Kyocera printer techs.

be aware thet the print error log option is displayed on the service menu only if FRPO parameter I1 is set to 1 (I think it is set to 0 out of the box)

You can also get it by sending the following PRESCRIBE command to the printer:

!R! ELOG; PAGE; EXIT;

Good Luck!

djdlaay
01-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Remove and clean the registration clutch...had the same problem...even if the machine has low mileage...!

DocuSystems
01-09-2007, 08:11 PM
:) thanks for the responses! A line from the Event Log:

02.11.48.01.09.01.06.11.54.56.6D.24 which decifered from the service manual means It's a jam that is occuring somewhere in the printer unit, no specific sensor is identified, and paper is taking too long to reach a sensor. Unless I'm not decoding it right.
If this is indeed true, I'll try the registration clutch and post results.
Thanks again for the help.

DocuSystems
01-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Well, cleaned the registration clutch. It got to 71 before a jam (where it had been 20-30 before). Same error code from the event log for this jam. Clutch looked to be in decent enough shape. Maybe it's just defective. Any suggestions?

djdlaay
01-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Yup...I would swap the clutch...those particular clutches are a bitch to work on compared to alot of other clutch models. I really dislike them...however...they can go for hundreds of thousands of copies with no problems...funny things...but...I wouldnt waste more time...change it...Im positive...that its the problem.

DocuSystems
01-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Got one on the way. I'll post the results...

DocuSystems
01-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Unit has been back onsite for several days now, no complaints from the customer. Thanks to everyone!

Custom Search