PDA

View Full Version : KM C6501 Print quality Issue

Custom Search

Dan Work
06-16-2009, 02:48 AM
Need some new idears on a PQ issue I am having with a C6501, when doing solid coverage with cyan 100% and yellow 100% seem to be getting a vertical lines of yellow coming through the cyan, they are not straight vertical lines but resemble heaps of little yellow stretch marks coming through the final green colour, which are stonger on the back edge of the print. Replaced C and Y dev tanks and coronas, installed new transfer belt unit and fuser and all drums and erasure lamp, did all the gamma set ups manual and auto, colour reg, drum potential only slight improvement. I was also able to reproduce the sameimage problem using magenta and yellow.

Si@danwood
06-16-2009, 06:16 AM
What weight of media are you using?Does this occur when printing test pattern#53?Can you post any examples for us to see and help make a diagnosis for you?....Si

random
06-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Utility -> Machine admin setting -> System Setting -> Expert Adjustment -> Process Adjustment -> Front & Back Density -> adjust first transfer for effected colour to +3

Setright
06-16-2009, 01:55 PM
What mask/raster type are you running?

Dot1 tends to give Moire effect. Line 1 and Line 2 can give better results.

Also, with firmware level 50, there is a new mask for Dot 1 Yellow...that might be the solution to your problem :D

don
08-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Dear Friend,

I request you to print halftone of each color on which vertical white line is seen. You need to remove the developer assy for the same remove the top cover and empty the developer powered. clean the unit and the rollers and the blade. Pour the developer and print halftone and check. This might solve the problem.

dogsbody
08-25-2009, 11:49 AM
The only part of the last post I agree with is printing CMYK halftones at 128 and 255. A scan of the image would be helpfull.
Cheers.

Custom Search