PDA

View Full Version : Minolta CF2002 Printing Issue

Custom Search

Xerxes0002
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
We have recently purchased a Minolta CF2002 with print server capability. I have managed to set up the Network settings on the Copier and am also able to tunnel into the copier from my workstation. However, when i set it up as a printer and simply try to print a test page it fails to print. I have checked to see if i can ping the printer thru cmd but also receive a general error. Do I have to have a cross over cable or a straight pass cable. Any help and sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

TheOwl
06-17-2009, 11:58 PM
If you are trying to connect to the printer directly via a PC, then you will need a cross-over cable. If you are trying to connect via a switch, then just use a normal patch cable.

What would really help is if you posted a copy of the configuration pages in this thread. You can get them out of the machine by using the following:

1. Utility
2. Controller Detail
3. Menu
4. Print Pages
5. Configuration

What do you mean by tunnelling into the controller? Do you mean you can get the web interface up, or you can get into the menus?

zehanat2010
07-23-2011, 01:46 PM
i have minolta cf 2002, CN3102e, I have made a cross cable for it, and connected it to PC, When i ping it, its OK, ( I recieve 4 replies 0 error), now i dont know further how to use it, cos i have no softwares , what i should do ? plz see my configuration pages, and guide me, thnks10996

empiru
07-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Ok, you have to download the printer driver from here: Download - Suport | KONICA MINOLTA (http://www.konicaminolta.ro/business-solutions/suport/download.html) ; select Controllers, CN3102e, your operating system there and download it. Extract the files from that ".exe" that you downloaded; Go to Control Panel, Printers and Faxes (or just printers, depending on the windows version), Add Printer, Local Printer, Add the TCP/IP Port (same address as the IP Adress on the Config Page), then at the device selection, click Have Disk and go to the location where you extracted the ".exe" file you downloaded earlier; there, you'll find a ".inf" file, select it and then go next, next (few more options, print test page, set default printer, etc) and finish the wizard; Now you should be able to print on the CF 3102. I told you all this, assuming you are using Windows, not Mac or other operating system..

Oh, wait!!! I've read the Config Page more carefully... and I don't think you have a CN3102e printer board, but a Fiery. Please open a Web Browser and instead of the web address enter the IP adress of the controller (it is written on the config page); If you find a button named WebTools there, click it (you need to have java installed) and download the driver from there. Next, follow the steps above from the Control Panel to the "end".

zehanat2010
07-24-2011, 03:59 PM
I have don it, now i can print from pc. But i want some guideness for my network setup: I have a HUB

i have one cable from pc (Ethernet port) to hub,
one cable from DSL (Internet) to hub,
& one cable from CF 2002 to hub,
Now In my TCP/IP properties, when "Obtain an IP address automatically" is selected, my Internt works but i can't ping cf2002, for it, In TCP/IP Properties i manually put ip address one letter at end differ from that of CF2002. then i can ping CF2002 ip , and it works, but then my net dont work, what i should do ?

empiru
07-24-2011, 10:35 PM
I have don it, now i can print from pc. But i want some guideness for my network setup: I have a HUB

i have one cable from pc (Ethernet port) to hub,
one cable from DSL (Internet) to hub,
& one cable from CF 2002 to hub,

Now In my TCP/IP properties, when "Obtain an IP address automatically" is selected, my Internt works but i can't ping cf2002, for it, In TCP/IP Properties i manually put ip address one letter at end differ from that of CF2002. then i can ping CF2002 ip , and it works, but then my net dont work, what i should do ?

Ok... I've decided not to help end users anymore, but since I started helping you out before I decided that, I think I should help you all the way...
On the PC: - Go to Start -> Run -> Type cmd -> Enter -> In the black window opened, type "ipconfig /all". Write down the IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS Server 1 & 2. Now go to TCP/IP Properties and manually input ALL these addresses that you've written down and don't ever change them again... verify if the internet connection works;
On the copier: Go to Utility Menu -> Controller Detail -> Menu -> Run Setup (Continue to setup? -> YES -> OK); now the controller will reboot, be patient until it turns on again; In the Setup Menu, go to Network Setup -> Port Setup -> TCP/IP Setup -> Ethernet Setup; here, enter a manual IP address which is exactly the same as the IP address from the PC, but with the last letter changed; subnet mask, the same as for the PC; Exit Ethernet Setup -> Exit TCP/IP Setup -> Exit Port Setup -> Exit Network Setup -> Save Changes -> YES -> OK -> Exit Setup; the controller will reboot again;
Remember the IP address which you have input on the copier; Now go to the PC -> Start -> Printers and Faxes -> Right click the CF2002 -> Properties -> Ports Tab -> Add port -> TCP/IP Port -> Enter the IP address from the copier -> At the end, be sure to select this last port added, in that list of ports; Click OK and try to print something now... it should work, as well as the internet connection too...

Custom Search