PDA

View Full Version : Print driver on Minolta 3102

Custom Search

deannasockman
06-18-2009, 02:12 AM
For the sake of my sanity.... does anyone have the Fiery x3e 31c-m PCL v2.0? I am near pulling my hair out trying to make a booklet out of 8 1/2x11 sheets. Seriously, if you have the Fiery driver, I really need phone advice. GOING BALD AS YOU READ. :eek:

Mr Spock
06-18-2009, 04:23 AM
The only listing I can find for a controller is a CN3102e or CN3102pro and they can be found here

Support & Drivers Search Page | Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/Search.aspx?ht=)
select color products then fiery cn3102e or pro then driver then click show and scroll down to the o/s and version you want.

These may be fiery's with a different name. I came on board (KM) just last year so some of the older stuff I have not personal knowledge of.

TheOwl
06-18-2009, 04:34 AM
Just as a really silly question, but why would you want the PCL driver for the CN3102e?

I don't know about the US, but people here in Aus paid alot of extra cash to get these controllers for the extra speed and Postscript. In my experience, you are better off using the PS driver for Fiery's as they will perform better.

You could always try the Australian KM web site for the driver as we have v2 drivers.

www.konicaminolta.com.au (http://www.konicaminolta.com.au)

deannasockman
06-18-2009, 10:30 AM
I can't figure out how to make it print the books. The problem I have is how to use this Fiery version. I bought this machine to do jobs on the side and I am not successful with making this Fiery do what I want it to do. I work at a private golf course and I make books and booklets all day long off the Toshiba but the Fiery driver on the Toshiba is updated and has different options. This version I have for the Minolta is driving me nuts......... I just don't know how to make it print out books and booklets.

deannasockman
06-18-2009, 10:32 AM
I'll go to your website and find the PS driver. We'll see if that helps :)

Kenny
06-18-2009, 11:02 AM
For the sake of my sanity.... does anyone have the Fiery x3e 31c-m PCL v2.0? I am near pulling my hair out trying to make a booklet out of 8 1/2x11 sheets. Seriously, if you have the Fiery driver, I really need phone advice. GOING BALD AS YOU READ. :eek:

Have you tried the konica minolta website in the downloads section?

jneezy2008
06-18-2009, 01:28 PM
When dealing with Fiery's, the best place to get the print drivers is from the Fiery itself.
If the Fiery is networked, input the IP address in the Address bar of a web browser(I would recommend Firefox).
Click the Web Tools link(this will open a new window so make sure you have pop-up blockers turned off).
Click the link for Installer.
Click Printer Files(if using Windows).
Once the file is downloaded, double-click it to unzip.

Open the Printers and Faxes folder.
Click Add a Printer and in stall the Fiery printer.
Once the printer is installed all you have to do is select Finishing and check Booklet. Then I would go to Paper Source and choose 11x17.

Mr Spock
06-18-2009, 11:52 PM
also have you made sure the booklet maker is installed in the printer properties.

TheOwl
06-19-2009, 12:07 AM

Here is where the booklet function is in the driver. You will also have to select the drawer to print from (make sure it is 'R' paper) and I think you have to set the application you are using to 'Scale Document Automatically'.

I don't have any of these machines any more, so it is hard to test and get the right settings.

Also, make sure you follow Mr.Spock's advise and make sure that you have a folding finisher selected in you print driver or you won't get folding / booklet options.

deannasockman
06-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh, you guys are wonderful. How do I boost your rep power??

I had all the options installed properly, just could not figure out this driver. All of you and your advice helped greatly!! Thanks for the picture shot. This was a tremendous help. Too bad you aren't in the States..... I could use a service man in NC. Now it's throwing a code C0BA0 and I understand that it has to do with something caught in the finisher but I can't find where the heck that might be. Any other suggstions on what may make it throw the code?

copydude
06-20-2009, 06:03 PM
I own a 3102, and am familiar with it's operations and it's weaknesses.. It can ba a good amchine but week at folding cardstock for the cover on your booklets. what weight paper are you using, also assure that the finisher is properly aligned, as they tend to float..
I am not a techand I am not faimilar with your code, but there is only so many areas that you can jam in the finisher,
I also found this post http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/21226-di-3510-fn-117-c0ba0.html

perhaps that wil assist.
Karl

Custom Search