PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7035 F 26-3

Custom Search

rocky_biskit
06-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi all newbie here .... I saw this link on smarka about an hour ago and I am impressed already with how fast it seems to work, which is why I registered

Any way this is a post I put up there ... lets see if you guys/gals can beat the responses from smarka. (yes I know many here probably post there too)

Ive got a Konica 7035 with an F26-3
Any one know what it is and solutions to solving?

This customer originally broke the paper sensor flag at the registration rollers and I managed to get that fixed (wow was that a time consuming job) but now the system codes out with the F26-3 ... I called Precision and was told by tech support that it is"Auto Toner Detect" Any ideas??

Thanx All!!

Luther
06-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Toner density sensor error, chances are its just a dirt sensor in the drum unit(sits below the cleaning blade area) or the pcl's are unplugged on the front of the drum unit, did you have the drum unit out? if you did clean the sensor and check the connection on the front of the drum unit

rocky_biskit
06-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes I had the drum unit out but I had already been at the site 2+ hrs so I didnt inspect it much once I got the error as I had other accounts to do

BTW ...PCL's ??? Forgive my ignorance as I am not formerly trained on this model and it has been 10 +yrs since I went to a konica training

Luther
06-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Pre Charge Lamps, they are mounted right beside the charge corona and have a 2 wire connector and are plugged into the front side of the drum unit

jozik
06-18-2009, 09:16 PM
One of the reasons of this code is bad contact in developer unit connector.
Try reconnect the developer unit.

rocky_biskit
06-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Had the dv in & out numerous times .. didnt really inspect it much (see my previous post) but I know it is in correctly as that was what I was thinking when I was there

jozik
06-18-2009, 10:36 PM
F26-3 at power up.
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Abnormal output from TDS sensor (toner density sensor). TDS output ripple voltage failed to reach
0.5V DC.
Check the wires at the TDS sensor board for damage. Replace the TDS sensor (p/n 26NA88040) as
needed.
2.The toner supply unit is bound up preventing toner from being added to the
developer unit.

Intermittent F26-3 at power up or during copy process.
CAUSE: The HV adjustment (Toner auto supply) needs to be performed.
SOLUTION: Perform the HV adjustment (Toner auto supply), and if the problem persists replace the
developer and perform the HV adjustment (L-detection adjustment).
To access the HV adjustment (Toner auto supply) adjustment, perform the following:
1. Enter the 36 mode (turn the machine ON, while pressing the 3 and 6 keys).
2. Select [1. HV adjustment].
3. In the bottom left corner of the touchscreen press [NEXT] and scroll to HV adj. (Toner auto supply).
4. On the right side of the touchscreen press [START].
5. This adjustment will run for approximately (10 sec.).
6. At completion of the adjustment power the copier OFF/ON.

rocky_biskit
06-19-2009, 01:30 AM
Not that I think this is the problem, but is it possible to do the HV adjustment without replacing the dv?

I havent a problem with doin all that you said but this customer has already spent a lot of money getting this machine to where it is at. They are starting to lose faith in me and I would like to do this without more "parts" if possible. At the very least I would like to do a temporary fix to show good faith and tell the customer that they need "x" for the fix to "take" completely.

Sorry bout the all others in my title .. but I wanted to get more responses on this as I find the more responses the better my chances of getting this done the first time.

Thank You both for your responses and I can tell you both that they were far more informative than the other site

I really do appreciate them

jozik
06-19-2009, 04:05 AM
The Toner auto supply you can do without replacing the developer.

copytechman
06-19-2009, 04:25 AM
This is a long shot but is the dev actually rotating? Codes like that have be caused by failed motors/drives bot the machine codes out sometimes with a dev failure b4 a motor code.. just a thought.. less likely but still possible its a printer board icp failure... a kinda/sorta common problem with that style of boxes.
On a simpler note, i've had the dev drive coupling fall off @ the back side and did not immediately notice that the dev wasnt rotating and the subsequent failure thereof. Apparently drum blade flip can cause this as well (locking the main/dev drive motor and generating the subsequent dev code b4 motor code).

Regards.
A.

minimerlin
06-19-2009, 07:50 PM
This is a long shot but is the dev actually rotating? Codes like that have be caused by failed motors/drives bot the machine codes out sometimes with a dev failure b4 a motor code.. just a thought.. less likely but still possible its a printer board icp failure... a kinda/sorta common problem with that style of boxes.
On a simpler note, i've had the dev drive coupling fall off @ the back side and did not immediately notice that the dev wasnt rotating and the subsequent failure thereof. Apparently drum blade flip can cause this as well (locking the main/dev drive motor and generating the subsequent dev code b4 motor code).

Regards.
A.
I agree with copytechman, I have had the same code on a 7222...took me sometime to find that the dev drive motor was failing..so check this asap.

avanza
07-19-2009, 02:13 AM
wow.26-3, 26-2. these are all the evil codes..sometimes it just took few mins to settle but most of thetime it is very scary. it could be anything. from dev, motors, tdc and tcsb sensors and also printer drive board. sometimes it showed up after repalcing developer. we normally checked the developer unit drives.. bushings, dev motor, we simply did the L detection without repalcing the developer until it it shows OK. Many reasons and attemps to settle this evil codes. Best of luck

avanza
07-19-2009, 02:35 AM
poor things. 26-3, 26-2.. these are all the evil codes espeacilly for models 7020,7030, 7035 and among their series. too many reasons and too many attempts to settle. it can a 10 minites job and it also can be 3 hours job.hope luck is always be there. check your dev unit drives... bushings.. take out and clean it.. tcsb(sensor at drum, tds)sensor nat dev) check and clea.. clean dev contacts. dev motor failure.it may turn but not running fast due the motor itself or some load from the developer unit. it could be also the printer drive board. Try to run running mode 5 for about 100 copies.. then try make a test pattern .. if u succeed to even a single copy from test pattern, the chances is great. Try do L detection at 36 mode.. under HV adj.. if result shows OK,. u are pass.. if result shows 0005 (tds sensor) 0006 (tcsb). experience will help to solve this evil code., good luck. doing L detection without replacing developer is no harm.

Custom Search