PDA

View Full Version : C550 error C8103

Custom Search

Andyrsv
06-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I 'm going to visit a customer tomorrow who has reported error C8103 on their C550. I've not heard of this one before and can't find it listed in the service manual , so they have probably misread it but just in case, has anybody seen this code? Thanks:confused:

llla
06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I 'm going to visit a customer tomorrow who has reported error C8103 on their C550. I've not heard of this one before and can't find it listed in the service manual , so they have probably misread it but just in case, has anybody seen this code? Thanks:confused:
hi.

the code 8103 is connected with the document feeder. It could be lift motor, gears or some thing blocking the lift plate, or some broken parts in the gear assy for the lift. There is also an other issue I found from KM " [Symptom]
C8103 might appear.when the load of the motor is large ,for example a lot of Original are put on the tray.

[Cause]
The position of the motor is decided by the part accuracy of the mounting plate.
There might be a little space in the positioning part of the motor according to parts and assembly.
When the space is large and the motor is not fixed properly, the drive is not correctly transmitted.
As a result, C8103 appears.

[Solution]

Put the spacer between the motor and the mounting plate.
Spacer:A01H5617**
Please refer the attaced file. "

Good luck

copytechman
06-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Doc feeder issue:
from the field service book:

C8103
Lift up mechanism
failure
• The lift up upper sensor (PS16) is not turned ON after a lapse
of a given time after the lift-up motor (M6) moves up (is turned
forward).
• The lift up lower sensor (PS15) is not turned ON after a lapse
of a given time after the lift-up motor (M6) goes down (is
turned backward).

This is the doc feeder paper tray lift up/down plate @ paper entrance.

Regards.
A.

Andyrsv
06-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks. Just checked the field service manual again and found it. Thanks for your help.

Steven Barry
03-25-2011, 09:05 PM
I've been dealing with this lately. I replaced the adf control board and the lift motor. Both worked for a while but then I'm back again. I just tried to do a copy and with the originals in the adf the tray started moving up and down until I removed the paper. Awsome.

copyman
03-26-2011, 12:18 AM
I have found the lift motor assembly breaks. Very poor "PLASTIC" design.

bigdcopy
03-26-2011, 12:37 AM
konica minolta has several mods for this problem check the solutions data base, lift cam has changed sensors have changed etc....

Steven Barry
03-28-2011, 04:25 AM
Thanks copyman and bigcopy for the suggestions. I've already replaced the lift cam and motor which come as one assemble and the control board. Both of those were on the all solutions. I also tried the paper empty sensor thinking that might be flakey so the adf thought paper was out and lowered the tray.

Custom Search