PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 with Fiery x3e 22c-KM

Custom Search

TheNickus
06-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Hey all,
My C350 was working fine and then suddenly dropped of the network. I have no IP conflicts and have restarted both the copier and the Fiery more times than I can count.

I unfortunately don't have teh Admin password for the fiery (it's not 00000000 12345678 fiery.1 or Fiery.1). Also since I can't get network access to the Fiery I can't upload the password.ps file to make it cough up it's admin passwords. My last option seems to be re-install the firmware over the Printer Port but I can't seem to find the Firmware files anywhere online.

Any ideas?

-- Thanks In Adavance
-- The Nickus

pepper38_cnd
06-20-2009, 01:22 PM
You should not need a password to access from the control panel but if you do try 0000

TheNickus
06-20-2009, 09:00 PM
The code for accessing the admin settings on the printer (not the Fiery) is "00000000". When I go into the Run Setup function the Fiery brings up a soft keyboard on the control panel and asks me for the admin password. Neither "0000" nor "00000000" has worked.

TheOwl
06-23-2009, 03:21 AM
Just as a stupid question, but have you tried nothing or just a space?

Failing that, you won't be able to get the password back out with out network connectivity. Try using a laptop and crossover cable directly to the Fiery.

Failing all of that, reloading the O/S on the Fiery will solve your issue.

copydude
06-23-2009, 06:10 AM
Have you used internet explorer and tried ot access it via the ip?
have you rebotted your router, modem and computer?

remmeber it is a network, so if before you condemn one componant, you need to reset them all

TheNickus
06-23-2009, 07:16 AM
Already tried blank for the password, reset the router and both the switches that are between it and the router. Since the Fiery isn't getting an IP address I haven't been able to get access to it through any of the admin tools either web based or stand alone.

I haven't tried a crossover cable yet, I tried a regular patch hoping that the network card in either my laptop or the Fiery would be smart enough to do the switching but it wasn't. I also tried connecting to the fiery directly via parallel cable and while windows saw the "22C-KM" device and I installed the correct driver I wasn't able to get even a test page to print. I'm going to try accessing it through appletalk tomorrow since TCP/IP doesn't seem to be working at all.

Does anyone know where I can find the OS for the Fiery if I need to do a re-install? I've looked all around konica-minoltas site and the Fiery manufacturer's site and haven't seen anything but drivers.

Thanks for all your time and help.

copydude
06-23-2009, 07:22 AM
are you able to access via the control panel on the copier.

TheOwl
06-23-2009, 07:24 AM
As a default, the Fiery's are setup to not accept print jobs from the parallel port.

If you print out a config page, that should confirm that point.

Are you a Konica Minolta Tech? If so, then you will find the system software on your countries relevant tech site.

TheNickus
06-23-2009, 10:16 AM
are you able to access via the control panel on the copier. No I can't get into the Fiery from the control panel due to the lack of admin password, and I can't get it to print out the admin password due to lack of remote access to the Fiery, gotta love those Catch 22's.

As a default, the Fiery's are setup to not accept print jobs from the parallel port.

If you print out a config page, that should confirm that point.
I'll check the Config page when I get in tomorrow afternoon but I'm sure you're right about the Fiery defaulting to No LPT printing.

Are you a Konica Minolta Tech? If so, then you will find the system software on your countries relevant tech site.I'm not actually a Minolta tech, just an overzealous IT guy / Operations Director (good to know I could have a fallback career though :D).

Since I'm not in the Konica-Minolta inner circle is there any way to contact them and beg a copy of the Fiery O/S? From what I've been told we bought out the lease on the C350 but our relationship with the company who sold it to us is... I'll just say strained, so I'm not confident they'd help me if I contacted them.

pajeroid
07-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Have you got anywhere with getting the fiery operating system? I have a develop fiery, but its not on their technical website either!

mrwho
07-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Someone posted on this forum a while ago a .PS file that would enable you to recover the Fiery admin password - I never used it, so I don't know if it works. But you could search the forum - it's somewhere out there. :)

pajeroid
07-09-2009, 12:57 PM
No my password is Fiery.1 still (capital F) but the hard drive is corrupt so I need the actual discs. They are like rocking horse poo.

Gustavo Castro
07-29-2009, 02:34 AM
If you have another fiery you can Clone de hardisk. You can use Acronis or Norton Ghost to do that. If you need help send me an email gcastro@arnet.com.ar

pakalo
07-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi dear guys,
excuse me for ma bad English but here in Italy our schools are very bad.

OK, I know this:

On DEVELOP QC2235+ &/or KM Bizhub C350 Admin Password, by default is "0000".

If the Machine Admin Password was changed, you can reset it at default state in the Tech. Rep. Mode (Uty->Counter->Stop 0 0 Stop 0 1, Admin Setting).

The Fiery X3e-22, by default doesn't have any password,
just press the Fiery logo at the bottom of machine's display for entry.

If you power on the machine, after 4min you can see the Fiery logo at the bottom of display ?
If not, 90%, X3e-22's 2,5" HDD is damaged, you must change it & rebuild EFI System Fiery v.2.0.

Or you can see "System Booting, Please Wait" Everytime ?? (Efi System Destroyed)
you must rebuild EFI System Fiery v.2.0.

If on Xe3-22 settings, the parallel port is DISABLE, don't worry, for rebuid EFI System Fiery is not a problem.

If you send to me your @mail, I can send you, privately, a link for download for X3e-22CM: BOOT.INI, SYSTEM.INI & Various Patches (My personal FTP-Server)
Ciao ciao & best regards.

Gustavo Castro
07-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the info. My personal email is gcastro@arnet.com.ar.

central1
07-31-2009, 05:09 PM
We are having similar problems. System Booting comes up, never gets past that. Prior to this we had mailboxes disappearing, files taking longer and longer to process. I'd like to first try just rebuilding the system, if that doesn't work reinstalling on a new drive. If you have the files I need to do that, could you send a link or the files to david@centralfileinc.com?

jsanty
03-10-2011, 08:05 PM
I have a BizHub 350 and it appears Fiery x3e 22c-KM has stopped working. At least it won't connect to the network. Hard drive still has periodic activity but can't get it to access the network or config through the control panel, other then to set the IP and that doesn't work either.

Suggestions?

Jpeugh
10-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Our bizhub c350 is doing this "you can see "System Booting, Please Wait" Everytime ?? (Efi System Destroyed) you must rebuild EFI System Fiery v.2.0." Is it difficult to rebuild the EFI system?

Custom Search