PDA

View Full Version : C5500pro service code c-2451

Custom Search

copydude
06-20-2009, 05:43 PM
I just replaced my balck drum, (it had gotten scratched by some built up dust) I removed teh transfer unit to do so, I restarted the machine and ran 24,00 black images with no problems, came in the next mornign and when I boot the machine I get this error code, service code c-2451
I removed the tranfer unit and checked all connections, and from other posts assume that it is a fuse, can you help me locate the fuse, and if it is not the correct code for the fuse can you direct to the probable cause?.

Thanks, Karl

Mr Spock
06-20-2009, 07:34 PM
c2451
When the developing motor/Y (M20) is ON, the maximum detection value of TCR sensor/Y (TCRS/Y) is the specified value and the difference between the maximum detection value and the minimum detection value is over the specified value.

Check the toner supply and the developer plugs

Description
C-2451 (C2451) intermittently or at power up.
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1.Auto Refresh Interval is set to OFF.
Set the Auto Refresh Interval (Interval/Quantity Adj.) accordingly.
Select the execution intervals and the toner consumption amount of the toner refresh mode (checks the average of print coverage for each color with each specific drive distance of the developing roller/K, and consumes a certain amount of toner for the color that the print coverage is lower than 5% converted in A4 size after completion of printing).
From the Service Mode Menu screen:
a.Press [02 Process Adjustment].
b.Press [05 Interval/Quantity Adj.].
c.Press [02 Auto. Refresh Interval].
d. At the Automatic Refresh Interval screen, specify the settings of each adjustment item:
Execution existence: ON
b. Execution frequency:
[small] - Equivalent to A4 continuous 1,000 prints
[middle] - Equivalent to A4 continuous 500 prints
[large] - Equivalent to A4 continuous 330 prints
Refresh quantity:
[small] - Equivalent to A3 solid 3 sheets
[middle] - Equivalent to A3 solid 5 sheets

Description
C-2451 (C2451), C-2452 (C2452), C-2453 (C2453)orC-2454 (C2454).
Solution
CAUSE:A toner density sensor has failed or is being read incorrectly.
SOLUTION:Swap suspected problem developing unit with another developing unit (tape up the developer toner entrance hole or leave toner hopper unit open with interlocks made so it will not be adding toner to the incorrect swapped unit) and power ON the machine. If the problem follows the developing unit and a different service code is indicated,the TDS sensor (p/n A03U M508 01) may have failed.
To verify, check the values of the sensors in the Service mode Process adjustment; Sensor output check; #4 TCR sensors. Values should be around 130 (if no reading, check developing unit connections, spring contacts and for loose wires). The higher the value, the more undertoned the developer. The lower the value, the more overtoned.

Try depleting toner, if needed, from the suspected unit by running halftones of test pattern 53, density of 255 (leaving toner hopper unit open so it will not add toner). Check if the TCR value rises, achieving a value of 130.

Try adding toner to the suspected unit (closing the toner hopper unit so it will add) in the I/O mode (54-4 for Yellow, 54-5 for Magenta, 54-6 for Cyan or 54-7 for Black) to see if the suspected unit values go lower (if not, the toner hopper may be packed or the toner motor has failed; test in I/O). Try to achieve the value of 130.

The above procedures might have to be done a couple of times to achieve the target values. Perform any required image adjustments after the procedure has been done.

Description
C-2451, C-2452, C-2453 after long runs of dark copy/print jobs. Machine codes after 30K - 40K B&W copies made in one run. No color copies made.
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Toner Density Sensor values are undertoned.
Check Toner Density Sensor values in the Service mode => Process Adjustment => Sensor output check => 04 Toner Density Sensor Check.
Values should read approximately 127. An error code could occur if the value is above 210 (undertoned). Briefly run the toner supply motor to bring to 127
value.
Notes :
a. This is a quick process. Be ready to stop the motor.
b. Toner motors check OK in I/O mode.
2. Developing unit augers are not turning. Damaged gears or developer motor.
Replace developer unit (p/n A03U R706 00) or replace developer motor (p/n 27LA 8003 0).

copydude
06-20-2009, 07:42 PM
I am extremely low on Yellow toner and am awaiting UPS on Monday.. once I replace the toner,... do you feel this may clear up on it's own??

Mr Spock
06-20-2009, 07:55 PM
You may need to "tone up" the dev unit as mentioned in one of the tech pubs.

copydude
06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Okay.. thanks, I think it will be best if I wait unitl I get my toner, until I try anything more... otherwise I might be just spinning my wheels.. Your help has been invauable..
look for me ion the forum on Monday as I may need detailed help :)
thanks very much, Karl

Mr Spock
06-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Okay.. thanks, I think it will be best if I wait unitl I get my toner, until I try anything more... otherwise I might be just spinning my wheels.. Your help has been invauable..
look for me ion the forum on Monday as I may need detailed help :)
thanks very much, Karl

I am a screwdriver turner and may be in the field until 6:00pm est or I would be glad to help. By the way send me a pm with which companies you are having issues with out there. I may have a suggestion for you.

copydude
06-20-2009, 08:10 PM
I used CTWP for years, but there management was a nightmare, and there billing almost as bad.
I then decided to use Konica Minolta direct, but they have screwed up the billing so bad that \, they refused my monies for almost 6 months before they figured where they messed up, then they gave me 90 days to settle it, then they lost a 1,000 dollar check, now, they want 8,000 and change the terms of the contract.. they have screwed up so much I am not willing.

I am talking to documation right now, but there rep out here is not that great.

What I would like is an small company or an individual that I can pay a fair rate everymonth and get service.

Mr Spock
06-24-2009, 01:08 AM
did you ever fix this??

copydude
06-24-2009, 03:46 AM
Sorry, for not posting, I was able to fix this, I had, to replace the developer, as the density was not in the proper range, I also replace the drum, since she is ready for the 200K PM, With the help of a specail tech who walked me on the above, he also had me do a density run and a contrast run, also who knew that you needed to remove those little red screws for the drums :).

I want to thank Spock, and the others at CopyTech for ahveing this forum to get my situation resolved.

Karl :D

Avalon
06-24-2009, 10:39 PM
You might want to set dipswitch 1-2 and 1-3 to 0 as this makes the machine stop as soon as it detects out of toner,not at a break in copy sets which is the default setting.

copydude
06-24-2009, 10:47 PM
where and how would I do that?

daveinli
02-09-2010, 04:45 PM
how do you get to I/O mode?

c2451
When the developing motor/Y (M20) is ON, the maximum detection value of TCR sensor/Y (TCRS/Y) is the specified value and the difference between the maximum detection value and the minimum detection value is over the specified value.

Check the toner supply and the developer plugs

Description
C-2451 (C2451) intermittently or at power up.
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1.Auto Refresh Interval is set to OFF.
Set the Auto Refresh Interval (Interval/Quantity Adj.) accordingly.
Select the execution intervals and the toner consumption amount of the toner refresh mode (checks the average of print coverage for each color with each specific drive distance of the developing roller/K, and consumes a certain amount of toner for the color that the print coverage is lower than 5% converted in A4 size after completion of printing).
From the Service Mode Menu screen:
a.Press [02 Process Adjustment].
b.Press [05 Interval/Quantity Adj.].
c.Press [02 Auto. Refresh Interval].
d. At the Automatic Refresh Interval screen, specify the settings of each adjustment item:
Execution existence: ON
b. Execution frequency:
[small] - Equivalent to A4 continuous 1,000 prints
[middle] - Equivalent to A4 continuous 500 prints
[large] - Equivalent to A4 continuous 330 prints
Refresh quantity:
[small] - Equivalent to A3 solid 3 sheets
[middle] - Equivalent to A3 solid 5 sheets

Description
C-2451 (C2451), C-2452 (C2452), C-2453 (C2453)orC-2454 (C2454).
Solution
CAUSE:A toner density sensor has failed or is being read incorrectly.
SOLUTION:Swap suspected problem developing unit with another developing unit (tape up the developer toner entrance hole or leave toner hopper unit open with interlocks made so it will not be adding toner to the incorrect swapped unit) and power ON the machine. If the problem follows the developing unit and a different service code is indicated,the TDS sensor (p/n A03U M508 01) may have failed.
To verify, check the values of the sensors in the Service mode Process adjustment; Sensor output check; #4 TCR sensors. Values should be around 130 (if no reading, check developing unit connections, spring contacts and for loose wires). The higher the value, the more undertoned the developer. The lower the value, the more overtoned.

Try depleting toner, if needed, from the suspected unit by running halftones of test pattern 53, density of 255 (leaving toner hopper unit open so it will not add toner). Check if the TCR value rises, achieving a value of 130.

Try adding toner to the suspected unit (closing the toner hopper unit so it will add) in the I/O mode (54-4 for Yellow, 54-5 for Magenta, 54-6 for Cyan or 54-7 for Black) to see if the suspected unit values go lower (if not, the toner hopper may be packed or the toner motor has failed; test in I/O). Try to achieve the value of 130.

The above procedures might have to be done a couple of times to achieve the target values. Perform any required image adjustments after the procedure has been done.

Description
C-2451, C-2452, C-2453 after long runs of dark copy/print jobs. Machine codes after 30K - 40K B&W copies made in one run. No color copies made.
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Toner Density Sensor values are undertoned.
Check Toner Density Sensor values in the Service mode => Process Adjustment => Sensor output check => 04 Toner Density Sensor Check.
Values should read approximately 127. An error code could occur if the value is above 210 (undertoned). Briefly run the toner supply motor to bring to 127
value.
Notes :
a. This is a quick process. Be ready to stop the motor.
b. Toner motors check OK in I/O mode.
2. Developing unit augers are not turning. Damaged gears or developer motor.
Replace developer unit (p/n A03U R706 00) or replace developer motor (p/n 27LA 8003 0).

sbillis
02-09-2010, 08:59 PM
try to use Toner Recovery Mode in to service mode.

if this cannot fix your problem try to check your TCR sensor. replace it with another one from one that is ok (CMY) and if you get 2452, 2453, 2454 that means your TCR K sensor is bad.

I hope to solve your problem soon.

copydude
02-09-2010, 11:26 PM
I have had the machine running real well now, and the colors are better than ever, even my critical artists are happy. Special coodos to Mr. Spock for his invaluable help :)

Custom Search