PDA

View Full Version : Minolta EP 2030

Custom Search

truongkdo
06-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey there,
I was given a Minolta EP 2030 and i get an error code C06
can anyone help me how to get my machine working.
Thanks

brent
06-21-2009, 05:31 PM
there should be more digits then c06 but most likely it is a scanner malfunction. more info please?

brent

truongkdo
06-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Thank you for your reply.
all the code said was c06 but i finally got he machine to work. i unplugged the side tray and unplugged the lid of the copier. and the machine loaded up and started copying. I'm not how to get the multiple tray to work or the lid. When i plug the Lid into place the machine still loads as usual, But the lid does not power up or work. When i Plug In the side tray Every freezes and i get the c06 code plus the red wrench.

please advise me if u have any further details.

minimerlin
06-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Thank you for your reply.
all the code said was c06 but i finally got he machine to work. i unplugged the side tray and unplugged the lid of the copier. and the machine loaded up and started copying. I'm not how to get the multiple tray to work or the lid. When i plug the Lid into place the machine still loads as usual, But the lid does not power up or work. When i Plug In the side tray Every freezes and i get the c06 code plus the red wrench.

please advise me if u have any further details.
Are you sure the code is C06...sounds like it is more likely to be C0b!! Is the "side tray" at the left hand side of the machine....where the copy exits?

Also the display normally shows another two digits to give further details of the fault....C0b00?

brent
06-22-2009, 10:53 PM
nice call minimerlin.. I couldn't get past the c6 because usually a c6 is scanner related and hard for a customer to reset. plus when he shuts the side tray (sorter?) it will go into that code. with it open and unplugged it will work.

brent

minimerlin
06-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks Brent,
I have had numerous C0b type codes reported as C06 as it is easy for the user to missread. Usually sorter has a stapler or tray shift fault.;)

truongkdo
06-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Sorry Guys, i have misread the sign. It is actually C0b. When The copier seems to work fine without the trays being plugged in. When i plug in the Lid, the machine still works but the lid feader is not accessable. when i plug in the the side tray then i get the C0b Sign and teh red wrench. This causes the machine to freeze and im unable to doa anything.

brent
06-23-2009, 12:50 AM
clear as mud. anyways it is time to call a technician for sure.

brent

farazharoon
07-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Hello,

First of all I would like to say that I am not a qualified technician and don't have any formal training on using the Minolta 2030 machine that we bought about 3 weeks ago. I hope you will forgive me to registering, as I understand this site for technicians mostly.

I am a employee of a small hospital in northern Pakistan and have been given the responsibility of running the copier and of training other people to use it.

In Pakistan we can buy second machine that come from America with usually around 50-60 thousand copies on them.
The second dealer showed me how to run the machine for basic copying which I have grasped. But I would like to have a manual or user guide just in case things go wrong etc.
Would any of you know where I can find a user manual for the Minolta 2030?

I hope this is the right place to ask such a question.

Sincerely,

Faraz Laldin

OutlawTorn
07-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey Faraz, I found a link to the machines service manual (which may come in handy to you at times)

http://www.elektronika.opatnet.cz/schemata/spotrebice/M/minolta_kopirka/EP1085_Service_Manual.pdf

deep
07-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Below is the link for EP2030 User Manual :
http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/productsattachments/manuals/EP2030_ops_manual.pdf

farazharoon
07-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Thank you very much.
Much appreciated.
Faraz

farazharoon
07-23-2009, 05:34 AM
Thank you, I was able to down the manual.
It was useful in learning how to using the more complex function of this copier.

But today I am back to ask for help again. Since we got the machine about 1.5 months ago has run quite smooth except for the rare paper jam. But today it has given the SPANNER symbol and also is given the error code C05
and then it does something very strange the ON/OFF switch turns off by itself.:confused: Is that a inbuilt function? Is it supposed to go off itself due to the kind of error it is?

Do you think it is possible for a electrician and a general mr. fix it to get this working or should I call the technicians? Any suggestions?:cool:

minimerlin
07-23-2009, 08:27 PM
You have a problem with the fuser..the heater may not be working, or getting too hot! The shut off is normal and is a safety function. You could take the top off the fuser..two screws, and clean the thermistor that runs on the top fuser roller.it gets dirty and then the machine detects a fault and shuts down. Also before doing this check to see if you can see the fuser lamp coming on, it is easy to see the glow from it at the left hand end of the machine. If this does not work..call a tech as you can cause a bigger problem if you damage the machine.

farazharoon
07-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Thanks. Will look into this. See what I can see but it looks quite complicated.
Is the fuser the purple drum?

deep
07-24-2009, 04:23 PM
C05 is a fuser related problem so I would suggest you should have a professional to handle it.

minimerlin
07-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks. Will look into this. See what I can see but it looks quite complicated.
Is the fuser the purple drum?
I agree with Deep! If you do not know the fuser from the drum..time to call a tech.

Kmdurrin
07-24-2009, 08:56 PM
I agree with the last two posts. This could become a VERY expensive fix if you do anything to damage the drum.

farazharoon
07-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Thank you everybody that has given input.:)
I took your advice and called the people who sold the machine.
They told me to open up the back on the green circuit board look for a TROUBLE button. That reset it. They said it was probably a low voltage problem.

It turns out we have too low voltage here for the machine to work. Sometimes it drops down to 170 volts and that causes the machine to turn itself off. He said it needs 220 volts to run. And I think he is right because when I run it on our generator it turns fine and makes copies and does not turn off.

So need to find a way to maintain the line electricity at 220v. And suggestions for low voltage? :confused:

copytechman
07-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Uhmmm low voltage? Call an electrician / power supplier?

Regards!
A.

minimerlin
07-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Get the hamster to run faster on its wheel!!LOL

Custom Search