PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C450 Staple Finisher

Custom Search

blueboy2001
06-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Our C450 has the 50 sheet staple finisher with the offset tray fitted. We are having problems with stapling - the staple isnt holding all the pages.

I've watched the finisher and it seems to eject the paper a bit too far, then pull it back in using a little flapper wheel above the paper and 2 plastic sliders tap the ends of the paper to get it sqaure. Some of the pages are not being pulled back in to the finisher and so when it fires the staple, it misses these pages.

I've had a tech out to the machine before because the finisher makes an awful mechanical noise when it's working, and also for this problem and he said it was happening when the paper trays changed and they weren't aligned correctly, but the noise was normal. It has now got worse - even on a six page job it will usually not staple all the sheets.

I have called service again, but can anyone give me any pointers to give to the tech? The guy they usually send isn't great IMO but I've given him suggestions off here in the past and he's run with it.

minimerlin
06-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi Blueboy2001!

The normal cause for the staple problem you describe is the flapper..paddle wheels...they wear at the tips and loose friction on the paper. There are actually two different paddle wheels and they also have drive clutches..also worth checking! As for the noise..well without hearing it I cant help, but usually the units are reasonably well behaved! Where are you based?

Custom Search