PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C451

Custom Search

kldcopynprint
06-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I have a yellow line running threw the side of all my color copies. I can run blw no problem. If I run color to only one side of the sheet the line will eventually go away, but if I put color toner on the whole page again, the line returns. I'm thinking I need to clean something, how do I do that or if you have other suggestions to what may be causing my yellow line????? HELP

Okay here is a sample. This is from a booklet that I am trying to print. This morning I opened my machine, wiped down my yellow imaging unit, wiped down some rollers, ran some color copies on plain paper first and the line was gone. The booklets I am printing are on a double sided coated text paper. So when I changed my paper settings and tried to print the booklets the line came back. Now if I try to print on plain paper the line is still there. I'm not really sure what I did the first time to get rid of the line, but I was only able to print about 15 copies before the line came back??? The line feels a little crusty and if I wet a towel and try to wipe it off the coated paper it comes off.

minimerlin
06-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Sounds like a faulty Yellow image unit. Can you upload a copy/print with the problem showing...its hard to diagnose what you cannot see!

abilashvk
06-24-2009, 02:24 AM
hi,
Agrees with minimerlin.We should observe the faulty copy.but I suspect its charge corona of yellow IU

agudmove
06-25-2009, 03:07 PM
What size sheets, A4 or A3. If A4 simply turn orientation of paper in cassette to A4R. If yellow is out at edge of A4 you can get past this problem.

minimerlin
06-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Having seen the printout, I still think it is a failure of yellow image unit.

cboucher
06-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah, probably the Yellow IU, but have you tried cleaning the LED Arrays? I know it's a long shot...

minimerlin
06-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, probably the Yellow IU, but have you tried cleaning the LED Arrays? I know it's a long shot...
Don`t forget this is a laser based unit!

hodgiepodgie
10-06-2009, 12:12 AM
well a4 will cause jams what.lol wich direction is the yellow line going.long end feed ?same direction as feed.any way i agree must be yellow iu.run in singlr color mode

Albonline
10-06-2009, 04:04 PM
please print halftone charts for each color. does fault apear in all color charts? if so suspect yellow image unit or write unit.

Custom Search