PDA

View Full Version : C450 Developer

Custom Search

jmanly
06-23-2009, 09:33 PM
We have a bizhub C450 that is used for printing ceramic toner decals for tile. I need to find developer for the imaging units, the imaging units are good the developer is worn out. Does anyone have an idea what developer would be compatible? Our local KM will only sell imaging units and is of no help since we dont use KM toner. Thanks in advance

perdana
06-24-2009, 04:14 AM
By The Way What brand of toner your used ?

mrwho
06-24-2009, 09:21 AM
As far as I know, you can't change the C450 IU's developer - but I could be wrong. If I am, please someone correct me and tell me how it's done. :)

brenni
06-24-2009, 12:16 PM
are you using a GMC digitron machine? we do, for printing on CD/DVD....

we use developer from GMC, too. its about 500 eur for 2.5 KG.
i think its some kind of oem developer. works perfectly for km 450, 3102 etc.
if you are interested we might be able to arrange something..

jmanly
06-24-2009, 02:48 PM
1) The toner we use is from Europe, it is actually powdered minerals made into toner. We print onto decal paper and then decal the tiles, and kiln fire them. They are scratch and UV proof. You can see this at Custom Ceramic Tile Murals, Photo Tiles, Accent Tiles and More (http://www.jemexpressionsontile.com)

2) The imaging units for a C450 are actually easy to work on. To empty the developer, it is just shaken out, to replace fill it through the opening where the toner goes in and turn the "little white thing" - (technical term) counter clockwise. Because of the minerals we have to empty and screen the developer / toner occasionally to get chunks out. We also disassemble them to clean the wiper blade.

Custom Search