PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta bizhub 250

Custom Search

gitana1983
06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
HELLO EVERYONE, I'M WRITING BECAUSE I NEED HELP WITH A MINOLTA BIZHUB 250. I JUST REPLACED THE DRUM UNIT AND THE DRUM LIGHT JUST WENT ON AGAIN, I AM NOT SURE IF THERE IS ANY FUSE THAT I NEED TO RESET BUT I UNDERSTAND THAT IT COMES WITH THE UNIT, SO IS THERE ANY IDEA OF WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE?
ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS IN ADVANCE :eek:

brent
06-24-2009, 06:27 PM
it said replace drum unit. so you did. did you replace the starter? they must be replaced at the same time. then you have to run a f8. did you run a f8? then the replace drum message will go out. if you just replaced the drum unit it will not work.

brent

rocky246
06-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Did you reset the counter in tech rep mode?

fixthecopier
06-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Are you a tech or a user? This is to be done by a tech. A tech can also set the dip switch and make that message go away. The drums will run 25,000 to 100.000 over the limit.

gitana1983
07-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks everybody for your help, i'm the assistant of a technician not an end user and sometimes things get complicated and that is the reason that i come to this page.
The problem with the bizhub was solved, he finally found out how to fix it but i wanted to thank everybody for your kind help in this matter, and i will keep checking if i can help anybody with my tech's knowledge!

nvram
07-06-2009, 07:53 PM
make sure you take the drum unit out of the machine before you reset the counters.
if you did not replace the starter... do not reset the counters otherwise you will have to replace it.
the solution to clear the replace pc drum message if you did not replace the starter is to set soft switch 418 hex to 50, default is 53, this will set bit 3 to 0, then power machine off/on, the message will never reappear and the only time you will know there is a problem is when the customer calls you for poor copy quality, usually when the drum/starter has done 180k

Custom Search