Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tru-Geek Computing
    • Jul 2024

Konica 8031 prints red stripe

My Konica printer prints a red stripe everytime I copy something how do I fix this?
  • Kmdurrin
    Copy/Print/Network Tech
    100+ Posts
    • Dec 2008

How old are the IUs and the transfer belt?
    Parts: Its what your copier craves!

Comment

• Tru-Geek Computing

The IU's and Transfer belt have been replaced not too long ago. I don't think it's the transfer belt though or I would more than likely get the stripe on more colors than just the Magenta. I could be wrong here though.
      Thanks.

Comment

• copydude

since it has seperate drums, could there be an obstruction of sometype on the magenta drum? I had a stripe recently from a piece of lint form a towel, how it got in there is a mystery

Comment

• mrwho
          Major Asshole!
          Site Contributor
          2,500+ Posts
          • Apr 2009

Does the red stripe appear on every ocasion, or only when you copy a specific color? Besides, does it only appear on copies, are prints okay?
          Being a little more specific helps us a lot, even better if you post a scan of a copy.
          ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
          Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Comment

• Tru-Geek Computing

Attached is a scan of the red stripe. It shows up on everything that is done with the printer/copier. I only have access to a Black and White Scanner so bear in mind that the black area at the bottom is the magenta stripe.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Kmdurrin
              Copy/Print/Network Tech
              100+ Posts
              • Dec 2008

My advice would be to call a tech. It might just be a problem with your magenta IU, or it could be something more complicated. My shop is in your area, and we specialize in KMBS machines. PM me for contact info.
              Parts: Its what your copier craves!

Comment

• mrwho
                Major Asshole!
                Site Contributor
                2,500+ Posts
                • Apr 2009

I have to agree with kmdurrin. It's definitely related to the magenta IU, but even that could be caused by a number of things. You could risk putting in a new IU, but even then the problem could persist - and you'd risk ending up with two damaged IUs on your hands.
                ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
                Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Comment

Working...