PDA

View Full Version : Konica 8031 prints red stripe

Custom Search

Tru-Geek Computing
06-24-2009, 07:16 PM
My Konica printer prints a red stripe everytime I copy something how do I fix this?

Kmdurrin
06-24-2009, 09:08 PM
How old are the IUs and the transfer belt?

Tru-Geek Computing
06-24-2009, 09:28 PM
The IU's and Transfer belt have been replaced not too long ago. I don't think it's the transfer belt though or I would more than likely get the stripe on more colors than just the Magenta. I could be wrong here though.
Thanks.

copydude
06-24-2009, 10:56 PM
since it has seperate drums, could there be an obstruction of sometype on the magenta drum? I had a stripe recently from a piece of lint form a towel, how it got in there is a mystery

mrwho
06-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Does the red stripe appear on every ocasion, or only when you copy a specific color? Besides, does it only appear on copies, are prints okay?
Being a little more specific helps us a lot, even better if you post a scan of a copy.

Tru-Geek Computing
06-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Attached is a scan of the red stripe. It shows up on everything that is done with the printer/copier. I only have access to a Black and White Scanner so bear in mind that the black area at the bottom is the magenta stripe.

Kmdurrin
06-25-2009, 06:01 PM
My advice would be to call a tech. It might just be a problem with your magenta IU, or it could be something more complicated. My shop is in your area, and we specialize in KMBS machines. PM me for contact info.

mrwho
06-25-2009, 06:28 PM
I have to agree with kmdurrin. It's definitely related to the magenta IU, but even that could be caused by a number of things. You could risk putting in a new IU, but even then the problem could persist - and you'd risk ending up with two damaged IUs on your hands.

Custom Search