PDA

View Full Version : Bizhup PRO C6500 C-3508 Error Code

Custom Search

drodas78
06-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi. I really need your help, again.

I got the C-3508 error code in a C6500. It has four consecutive jams in the fuser.

I have one observation to do: The machine is used mostly with heavier stock like 80gm - 300gm. The last week they printed for one client, it was bond paper 75gm and the file is a very covered image, it has several jams but not four consecutive, after this the machine was working without any jams in heavier media for several days.

Yesterday I got the error code C-3508, and the jammed was bond paper with 75gm weight for the same client with very covered images. This time four consecutive jams.

I don't believe that the fuser is bad. I think that the reason would be some mechanical issue, maybe the machine has problems handling the bond paper.

I didn't set the DipSW 3-1 to 0 because of the warning of cause a fire stated in the service manual. I want to know what do you think? do you think that I have bad fuser? Can I reset the error code without setting the DipSW 3-1 to 0 and try to print in heavier stock to see what happen? What would be the cause of the problems handling bond paper?

StormyKnight
06-25-2009, 12:42 AM
I have heard that with jam code J3102 that the fuser drive motor (M29) may have internal damage & would need to be replaced. It can also be damaged if the gears in the drive mechanism are damaged as well so it may be worth checking that you have no broken teeth. Thirdly, the one-way gears in this unit can also fail. The main motor is driven in reverse to lower the pressure roller &driven forward to drive the fuser unit. Drive to the fuser is only initiated once the paper is very close to the fuser & stops between each page. A faulty one-way gear will result in no drive to the rollers. And forthly....the shafts that the one-way gears are on may also be worn if the unit has had a fair bit of work. This will reduce the diameter of the shafts making the one-way gears malfunction.

With regards to SW3-1, this is used to reset the error code. Because these error relate to the fuser unit, it may be possible that a malfunctioning sensor may result in the fuser unit overheating.....also if a piece of paper is blocking a sensor it may aso over heat. If you have confirmed that there is no paper remaining then I believe it will be fine to reset the error....I believe you have a mechanical problem with the fuser drive rather than an electical problem with the temperature sensing. This is borne out by the SC code you are getting & the jammed paper.

Cheers

drodas78
06-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi. I went to the machine and checked all the gears and shafts but nothing seems damaged. So I reset the error code setting DipSW 3-1 to 0, restart the machine and it's printing well again. No jams, and fusing is working well.

I think that I got the 4 jams because of the type of paper: bond paper printed in Normal 75 - 80 g/m2 with high coverage. Yesterday I told the user that they can't print on this paper type because I tried in heavier paper and everything worked well. Months ago the machine was able to print without trouble in bond paper. Can you suggest something to clean, replace or try, so the machine can handle bond paper without problems again? The machine has about 120K total prints.

mrwho
06-27-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm not sure what "bond paper" is, but you mention 75gm, so that could qualify as "thin paper", I guess...

Try this:

1) If the coated paper for printing and electrophotographic coated paper with short grain (paper grain is the same direction as the paper feeding direction) is available, use it.

Caution:

a) Not much type paper with short grain is available other than Japan.

b) When using the short grain paper, if making duplex copy, slight wrinkle may appear at the paper exit decurler part. In that case, change DipSW 4-4 from 0 to 1 or reduce fusing temperature from Paper setting: Change dipswitch 1-0 (To display process adjustment to user screen) from 0(Default) to 1. Then, [Process adjustment] key is accessible from COPY (or MACHINE) screen. Access (COPY (MACHINE) => [Paper Setting] => [Change] => [Process adjustment] => [Next] => [Upper roller Temperature] and [Lower roller temperature]. Reduce both rollers temperature. The target for the temperature adjustment is 10°C and (max. 20°C) and the temperature should be reduced gradually.

2) When controller property => [Image] => [Toner reduction] is set, the max attaching toner amount is decreased and the separation ability is increased. However, please note that the toner density decreases.

3) Perform the following adjustment to reduce the toner quantity. [Utility/Counter] => [03 Machine Admin. Setting] -> [01 System Setting] -> [05 Expert Setting] -> [06 Process Adjustment] -> [03 Toner Quantity/Exposure] Lower [Maximum toner quantity] of yellow, magenta, cyan and black.

If the above action could not resolve the jam occurrence or the customer cannot be satisfied with the image density after adjustment, instruct the customer to use other type of paper.

imthinman
06-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Sounds to me like a thin paper jamming problem. The drive rollers on the right side of the drawer often become separated due to jams caught between the rollers and the trays will often wad up and separate the plates causing thin paper to jam, Which then causes the error. Check if the white rollers turn freely the plate is bent squeeze them back and it usually helps.

jma676
06-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Only Check This: Fusing Temperature Sensor, sometingh wrong in the sensor maybe paper jam.

jma676
07-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Sorry for my Inglish ( Something )

albasoul06
07-01-2009, 02:04 AM
C6500
Tray 1, 2 and 3 :
8.5×11, A4 or larger: 17 to 68 lb Bond
5.5×8.5, B5 or smaller: 17 to 56 lb Bond
Bypass Tray: 17 to 81 lb Bond
Tray 4 (PF601 Upper tray): 17 to 68 lb Bond
Tray 5 (PF601 Lower tray): 17 to 81 lb Bond
Large Capacity : 17 to 81 lb

jasonschuck
12-17-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm having a similar issue. Printer jams at the fuser repeatedly even after toggling DipSW 3-1 on and off. Seems likely that the fuser drive motor has gone bad. I'll post how it goes.

djteck
12-17-2010, 05:04 PM
I would also check if the fuser drive modification as per bulletin 5923 was done. Though this was intended for code C-3102, when the fuser drive vibrates you can get some odd problems.

jasonschuck
12-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Turns out a bearing on the fuser roller was frozen. Replaced the bearing and everything is running fine.

Custom Search