PDA

View Full Version : C451 showing planets

Custom Search

selig67
06-24-2009, 09:53 PM
I have a machine that was just not booting up. It would stick at the Minolta emblem. I flashed it and got the conversion up error for the hard drive, but the screen was not functionable. I switched all boards, nothing. I switched NVRAM and it worked, I turned off and on, now doesnt work. I messed up another machine I took the NVRAM out of to test it, so now I have two down machines. Put new NVRAM in. Goes to planets screen. When flashing, it doesnt update the Scanner. Turned on with Utility button down, goes to Trouble Reset after showing hour glass and planets, but the screen doesnt work to activate the trouble reset. Screen works when loading firmware. Also loaded the NVRAM reset via flash card. Today I just replaced the NVRAM and MFP board. Still nothing.

WHAT COULD IT BE??????

pepper38_cnd
06-28-2009, 12:04 AM
1. Enter service mode
2. Select System 2
3. Select Sofware Switch Setting
4. Enter Switch No. 10
5. Bin Assignment 00000000
6. Hex Assigment 02
7. Click on Fix
8. Click on End
9. Power the MFP OFF/ON

You should now boot to the Konica Minolta Logo Screen

joneze
06-29-2009, 11:33 AM
I have a machine that was just not booting up. It would stick at the Minolta emblem. I flashed it and got the conversion up error for the hard drive, but the screen was not functionable. I switched all boards, nothing. I switched NVRAM and it worked, I turned off and on, now doesnt work. I messed up another machine I took the NVRAM out of to test it, so now I have two down machines. Put new NVRAM in. Goes to planets screen. When flashing, it doesnt update the Scanner. Turned on with Utility button down, goes to Trouble Reset after showing hour glass and planets, but the screen doesnt work to activate the trouble reset. Screen works when loading firmware. Also loaded the NVRAM reset via flash card. Today I just replaced the NVRAM and MFP board. Still nothing.

WHAT COULD IT BE??????

Hi,

I had the same problem on some C253's turned out to be the MFP board.

Hope this helps.

selig67
06-29-2009, 04:26 PM
The UI doesnt work.. and I have already replaced the MFP board

joneze
06-29-2009, 04:37 PM
The UI doesnt work.. and I have already replaced the MFP board

Sorry i should have been a bit more specific in my post earlier. On this machine do you have any options fitted to it? On our 253s we had a PC204 and it turned out that this somehow was killing the mfp board. Maybe that why you have now got to machines not working cause something else is taking it down.

Take off everthing you can from the machine then try replacing the MFP board.

Hope this helps

selig67
06-29-2009, 05:57 PM
there is nothing attached to it at this time.

dallas
06-29-2009, 08:50 PM
At first, check the Interface Cable (or test another) between the MFP and IP-Board for a good connection.
Is it OK, change the IP-Board (A00J H011 00), boot from CF Card and flash the firmware again.

selig67
06-29-2009, 09:29 PM
already did that too.. called tech support and they suggested a new NVRAM with a new pwb-ee

nvram
07-05-2009, 01:10 AM
re load IV( initial version) of firmware, i have found that this can recover the mfp, also corrupt ram can cause the fault, reseating them can help
si

Custom Search