PDA

View Full Version : DI 551

Custom Search

poz31
06-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Really weird problem…I got this DI 551 with FN113 looks the same as a DI 650) has a print controller.. If I make copies they came out ok ….. But as soon as I do print outs the copier leaves dent (bump) about 3 inches from lead edge. I thought at first it was the press roller (being flat on one side) but not …This happens only when printing …as soon as I make a copy comes ok.. Please help……

minimerlin
06-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Really weird problem…I got this DI 551 with FN113 looks the same as a DI 650) has a print controller.. If I make copies they came out ok ….. But as soon as I do print outs the copier leaves dent (bump) about 3 inches from lead edge. I thought at first it was the press roller (being flat on one side) but not …This happens only when printing …as soon as I make a copy comes ok.. Please help……
Do the prints exit into the tray as face up or face down? Likewise the copies? It may be a problem with the turnover section of the ADU.

fixthecopier
06-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Good point, also make sure the paper is being pulled from the same tray. If you think it is in the finisher, I have had luck manually pushing the paper through the paper path and finding the bump by lining up the mark on the paper , and feeling with my hands for a burr. Also look for bent poly films.

mtech
06-26-2009, 01:20 AM
The Di551 is common with the Di650. There are two one way gears on the front side of the fuser. I have replaced a ton of them for causing a ripple like bump as you described. One is located on the shaft behind the small knob that the customer can turn to release a jam and the other is kind of next to it. I would definately replace these. The part numbers are: 4024-2070-01 and 4024-2069-01(the 2069 may be updated to -03). The new gears are usually a different color. If you have a parts guide they are numbers 9 and 14 on fusing unit (B). As far as having the issue only when printing and not copying or vice versa, face up/ face down will make a difference as was posted before. Good luck! Let us know how you make out.

Custom Search