PDA

View Full Version : PI 47002 on a Windows 2000

Custom Search

poz31
06-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Ok my happiness lived short…………………….
I set up an ftp on a pi 4700e with the ftp utility everything work ok
But now I need to set it on a network administrated by servers…if I set up the ftp to a workstation it works. But once a try to set it up on the server I keep getting an ftp user approval error
I check basics

On server set up a folder, shared (folder on c :\)
From workstation checked ftp on server (ftp 192.168.13.2 (ftp://ftp%20192.168.13.2/))
Did requested login and password and it logged ok
Port 21 checked
Use same settings as workstation on the pagescope just change the ip (folder name is the same password and user same port 21…)
On the ftp utility same settings as the one of the workstation…..and still
Getting user approval error……
Since this is the server, is there a setting different as the workstation (server by the way is 2000 ftp utility gives me an error for 2003)
Id did try with IIS with no luck either

pepper38_cnd
06-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Windows 2000 server has it's own FTP capabilities (as do most servers)which I would recommend you utilize that rather than trying to use the Konica Minolta utility. Now this is something that should only be set up by the network administrator.

poz31
06-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Thanks....

yes it has that option but he requested no to set to FTP trough the server......They just to have a ricoh ang since the scan from 50 to 80
pages at once ... the FTP server uses a lot of resources......and that is why they do not want the ftp server.......Since I was able to connected to a workstation they are loking to have the saem set up but in the server.....

pepper38_cnd
06-28-2009, 03:22 AM
If you run the win 2000 ftp server utility or the KM ftp server utility require the same resources. But if you do it from the server itself, you don't have to worry about the server blocking the port and the Administrator has the ability to manage it.

buster68
06-29-2009, 06:54 PM
To my knowledge, the KonicaMinolta FTP server is only a client based application, it will not work on an actual server, since servers usually already have FTP services loaded. We've tried using the KM FTP utility on servers before and have never had success with it, never fails on a client workstation though.

TheOwl
06-30-2009, 12:06 AM
M$ IIS FTP services aren't installed as a default when running up a Windows server. This has to be installed lated if it isn't selected on installation.

Read through this doco that I setup for my guys a while ago and see if it helps with your issues.

Custom Search