PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C450 Printing Error

Custom Search

ZeusGT
06-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Hey Guys,

I have a Minolta Bizhub C450 out in the field that will not print from tray 3 even if you tell it to from the print properties. I was wanting to know what I need to do to correct this problem being that they want to print out insurance forms from this tray an use the first tray for everyday printing.

I can go to the print properties and manually select to pull form tray 3 and it will only pull from tray 2..

Any help on how to resolve this. Thanks

mrwho
06-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Are you printing from Microsoft Office, by any change?

ZeusGT
06-27-2009, 04:22 PM
No.. this can be from a special program on the server or it can be printing from the internet.

I haven't tried to print from office (running out of time). I'll try that as well. Thanks

mrwho
06-27-2009, 05:35 PM
The reason I asked is because Office (the old versions, at least) had the nasty habit of ignoring the tray you chose and printing from another one.

ZeusGT
06-27-2009, 05:47 PM
YES!! That's exactly what's happening here. It's ignoring what paper tray I select from the print properties.

I wasn't sure if it's the print drivers or if it's the system that they are running.

pepper38_cnd
06-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Page setup will always take priority over print driver but if no applications can print from tray 3, make sure tray 3 is installed on the driver and that tray 3 is configured for normal paper at the machine.

ZeusGT
06-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Hey, thank you very much for your help

Tray 3 is set up in the configuration tab on the printer properties, but if you don't mind.. what do you mean by "page setup will always take priority" maybe that's whats going on. Thanks

mrwho
06-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Hey, thank you very much for your help

Tray 3 is set up in the configuration tab on the printer properties, but if you don't mind.. what do you mean by "page setup will always take priority" maybe that's whats going on. Thanks

He meant that, in Microsoft Office, the application's settings in Page Setup overrides the settings on the printer driver.

Pepper38 also said for you to check that tray 3 is configured for normal paper (instead of heavy stock or anything else). That could also be causing your trouble.

pepper38_cnd
06-28-2009, 03:16 AM
Try this put legal in tray 1, ledger in tray 2, and letter in tray 3. Send a letter size job with the default printer settings ( which I believe is auto select ) if the job sits at the copier and it says to load letter in tray 2. Then your software is calling for tray 2.

ZeusGT
06-30-2009, 04:37 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that it was the driver that was causing the problems.. thanks for all of your help as always...

mrwho
06-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks for keeping us informed. Glad you worked it out!

Cheers!

Custom Search